helping farmers out

last time i was out shooting at my farm permission noticed that a gate post had broke and nearley on ground so when i got back told farmer over the post as i sometimes climb over it to get thru to next field . he said he new about it and his mate is getting him one but he just got to try fit it in to do so i said i would get him some postcrete and go at weekend and dig old one out and put new one in. he replyed yu sure i said no problem yu let me shoot here so at least i can help yu out now and again :innocent: he even offerd me tenner for postcrete but said no need as we got few spare on one off our jobs he was well pleased i just think yu hav to help the farmers yu shoot for now and again for letting all of us shoot on ther land :good: just hope he dosnt want me to build him a extension next :lol:

:good: well done Matty you are a very decent man, i think thats the way it should work, help with whatever you can, i have ended up involved with all sorts from cutting out nettles to rounding up and separating livestock. Most farmers would rarely ask for help as they have nearly allways got it in hand but sometimes they are incredibly pushed for time and a little help at the moment it is needed can be an absolute blessing. sometimes i wish i was more mechanically minded as the amount of times i have seen farmers and there workers trying to figure out what is wrong with an engine is unbelievable and it would have been great if i could have helped :)

I agree mate,im often helping out on my days off work,fencing,drywall repairs,ringing lambs,currently been spending the last few weeks bricking up a door way in a barn in readiness for me to render the whole wall,the guy has arthritis in his hands,his wife has a bad back and the son has too much on,busy at nights trying to shoot and dog as many rats as we can from the barns and outbuildings,so yes I like to help out where I can............DAZ

Well done lad.

A wee tip from a fencer, Don't use postcrete or concete, assuming it's a timber strainer and not a metal/concrete 1. Far better for timber strainers to pack round the post with a heavy packing pinch/whacker, generally u want hole to be 40" deep as well to take the strain so sometimes long pinches long handled spades or shuv holers/double spades are very handy.

I agree mate,im often helping out on my days off work,fencing,drywall repairs,ringing lambs,currently been spending the last few weeks bricking up a door way in a barn in readiness for me to render the whole wall,the guy has arthritis in his hands,his wife has a bad back and the son has too much on,busy at nights trying to shoot and dog as many rats as we can from the barns and outbuildings,so yes I like to help out where I can............DAZ

I was nackered after helping ring those lambs... you would think I was just stood there!

Ha!

My mates own most of the farms I shoot but a few are customers anyway so got the perms hanging doors ,making windows etc .

I help out with bailing and bits but last time I called through to say hello while wearing my best clothes he shouted " quick in the barn" so i ran in and had to help birth a stuck cow :( . It wrecked everything:( .

My mates own most of the farms I shoot but a few are customers anyway so got the perms hanging doors ,making windows etc .

I help out with bailing and bits but last time I called through to say hello while wearing my best clothes he shouted " quick in the barn" so i ran in and had to help birth a stuck cow :( . It wrecked everything:( .

Now that's what I call getting stuck in