what quad

jasper3

Hi guys

with luck we may be buying a smallholding , i will buy an old JCB for the digging work that is needed, but for every day use around the 6 acres, i would like a quad, i seem to be picking up the idea to go for Honda, i do like the forman, but that is without any real experience

what are your recommendations

I too have had similar thoughts but am keeping my powder dry and looking at a John Deere Gator - driving rather than riding - bit expensive but worth a 'google'.

Otherwise Honda seem to have it even though they are relatively expensive - Polaris are good. In the end buying Japanese seems logical as their support networks are bigger.

Edited by Kes

We have 2 polaris rangers and 2 polaris sportsman 400 one of the 400's just got changed at 2 years old with 1100hours and 15000miles on the clock they have a good warranty and our local dealers service is excellent we changed from honda because it seemed that build quality had started to deteriorate yet they expect a premium price, my only gripe with polaris is poor resale values but then we do rag the life out of them so this is reflected in their value

Most i know have left the quads and started using Kubota and Kawasaki mule atvs. Seem to be good work horses around the shoots and farms.

I have no idea on prices of either but I know many who would recommend them over a quad.

Had a yamaha big bear was briliant had it 5 years that got nicked, then we got a fourtrax about three years that got nicked then a yamaha grizly that was my favourate had it 2 years and that got nicked. then we got a yamoto chinese junker with a 200cc lifan engine it CG125 sort of copy and so far its still working and three years down the road nobodys nicked it, in fact we dont lock it away and they still dont steal it. This could be worth taking in to account the theft/ desirability aspect. :good: