The Ashes

rimfire4969

That's 2 in the bag. I'm putting half on the next one (England to win) but the odds are getting shorter.

Without wishing to give them the curse of Murray Walker, I really can't see the Aussies turning it around - complete disarray. What can they salvage?

Saying that, I think the heat made England sloppy, it could have been over a lot quicker had they not dropped so many catches and missed a good stumping opportunity.

It seems wrong, but I do feel a bit sorry for the Aussies - without the close competition it's just like pulling the legs off a spider under a glass. It's seems so wrong :lol:

It seems wrong, but I do feel a bit sorry for the Aussies - without the close competition it's just like pulling the legs off a spider under a glass. It's seems so wrong :lol:

I don't. Those last two sessions of cricket yesterday were pretty embarrassing from an Aussie point of view. There was no fight, no energy and no real desire to put pressure on the batsmen. It's one thing to be playing far superior opposition, but it's quite another just to give up. They showed a bit of spirit today, but only in 2 partnerships. Ashes series aren't meant to be like this. I want us to win against a team that will go down fighting for every run or wicket. This lot were positively French in their meek surrendering ability!

Fair play to England for being ruthless and finishing in 4 days, though. You can only beat what's in front of you. I'm glad we kept up our tempo despite the hapless opposition.

My 12 year old daughter said humiliating them wasnt enough, we should destroy their desire to play in the next test too. And we did.

Mung has it right, its like watching a wasp drown, a few feeble flaps then its all over. Its not a shame, we should not pity them, Englands players ( apart from Pieterson who I hope never plays again ) should sledge them mercilessly.

Actually, Pieterson is also wasp like - turns up every summer, serves no real purpose and is danm annoying.