Small time share dealers/dealings?

-Mongrel-

The guy that works for me put £6000 that he couldn't afford to lose on the FTSE just before the Tsunami. He also didn't put any stops in.

When the Tsunami struck it all went norks up and he was lucky that it stopped dropping when he was ONLY £7500 down!

Good luck!

Put in £6000, only lost £7500 ???

Cemetery burial plots investment..? http://www.international-commercial-investment.com/cemetery-plots/

They are stating a minimum 37% return on your investment over 2-3 years; might be worth a look at. And if you don't live to see it through, you'll have a plot already booked! :good:

On paper looks pretty good that for a very low outlay

I'll have a look into that

Cemetery burial plots investment..? http://www.international-commercial-investment.com/cemetery-plots/

They are stating a minimum 37% return on your investment over 2-3 years; might be worth a look at. And if you don't live to see it through, you'll have a plot already booked! :good:

Now that IS interesting. Definitely worth a closer look.

I do understand your concerns though Luke, I too have several questions instantly springing to mind, worth a few minutes on the phone to develop a feel for it AND it's close enough to physically recce.

Edited by -Mongrel-

Like any "investment opportunity" I guess it should always be a case of "do your homework" and research it carefully and thoroughly before parting with any of your hard earned...

Good luck and good investing with whatever you decide on Mongrel.

Land my boy you cannot go wrong with buying land in a small island with more people on it every day you cannot loose buying land mind you if it was me I would buy some land but it would be in France and I would be off in a flash.

Yes and yes to both of those points

Guys, I think (hope) the one about cemetery plots was tongue-in-cheek. If something guarantees great returns with little risk i.e. it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Apparently not tongue-in-cheek, although it sounds as though it should be! Appears to be genuine, but as I posted earlier; Always do your homework / research

Like any "investment opportunity" I guess it should always be a case of "do your homework" and research it carefully and thoroughly before parting with any of your hard earned...

Good luck and good investing with whatever you decide on Mongrel.

I agree. Apologies if I sounded rather brutish in regards to the earlier post.

I always tend to treat things with suspicion! :ninja:

I have had several attempts with shares in the past and most have seen very good returns over a 5 year term, BUT I do also have around 1000 shares that were worth £5.50 each in 2008 that dropped to 5p each by 2012! They were work related shares so I din't 'loose' anything but I was still gutted.

The only shares I wanted to buy but didn't because I didn't have the funds was Northern Rock when they dropped like a stone and then rose to the same price withing a week or so.

Premium bonds have also just been made less attractive as an alternative so if you do still fancy a dabble then there are plenty of flat-fee internet based broker that charge £10 - £15 a time that could see a moderate rise over the next 5 - 10 years as the economy (hopefully) recovers.