cree torch

Jay

if you want a cheap great little torch to go on your rifle then there is nothing better than the ULTRAFIRE 501b, you can then modify it by buying different droppins , these are easy to change even when it is pitch black,

you can easily change from white to red to Infrared but if your after a infrared droppin,speak to Dave G off here, he will sort you a droppin and lens out for a very reasonable price and this will be perfect to 100 yrds no problem even further depending on what droppin and what lens you use.

best wishes Evo

if you want a cheap great little torch to go on your rifle then there is nothing better than the ULTRAFIRE 501b, you can then modify it by buying different droppins , these are easy to change even when it is pitch black,

you can easily change from white to red to Infrared but if your after a infrared droppin,speak to Dave G off here, he will sort you a droppin and lens out for a very reasonable price and this will be perfect to 100 yrds no problem even further depending on what droppin and what lens you use.

best wishes Evo

Thanks for the advise I will look at the ultrafire and tesco one.

Les.

mole,, but can you change the torch simply by changing the droppin, that is the great thing about the 501b, one minute you can be using a red LED and if the rabbits get spooked by torch light then a 2 second switch to an IR light and off you go again,

there are good torches out there but the 501b is without doubt one of the most versatile torches I have used,

mole,, but can you change the torch simply by changing the droppin, that is the great thing about the 501b, one minute you can be using a red LED and if the rabbits get spooked by torch light then a 2 second switch to an IR light and off you go again,

there are good torches out there but the 501b is without doubt one of the most versatile torches I have used,

Simple, put a damned quality street wrapper over the lens and secure with rubber band! Versatile they are too. Plus you get bonus points off the missus for buying her quality street! You will get a green filter, red filter, orange filter, yellow filter and a blue filter too!

Simple, put a damned quality street wrapper over the lens and secure with rubber band! Versatile they are too. Plus you get bonus points off the missus for buying her quality street! You will get a green filter, red filter, orange filter, yellow filter and a blue filter too!

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: pure gem, now why didn,t I think of the elastic band trick :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Haha, You might get away with that crack for air rifle ranges - but unlike incandescent filament bulbs which have a coil of white and red hot metal inside a glass bulb, LED's have a very narrow wavelength/bandwidth. Whilst white light is made up of several colours there will be precious little of any of it coming past the filter, unless the filter is so weak or thin it does little to change the colour.

If White LED lamping or sweet wrapper lamping actually works for you - I tip my hat to you sir, and what quarry is that being done with?

Did you ever try a red LED lamp?

Sir it is as effective as using a slip in gel filter in a lamp. The principal is exactly the same! I have used that trick on rabbits. Remember us airgunners are not looking for rabbits at 200 metres, 25-30 perhaps!

Never had a red LED lamp but now got an infra red one (and still use the torch for waking to and from shooting as the potholes can be nasty)!

Edited by secretagentmole

Sir it is as effective as using a slip in gel filter in a lamp. The principal is exactly the same! I have used that trick on rabbits. Remember us airgunners are not looking for rabbits at 200 metres, 25-30 perhaps!

Never had a red LED lamp but now got an infra red one (and still use the torch for waking to and from shooting as the potholes can be nasty)!

Ah, you left out the air rifle bit. :)

It's fair to say you can just get sufficient light going through the colour filter for air rifle ranges.

I have posted this set up before but here it is again. It is a Red or Green cree ultrafire lamp with scope mount and pressure switch.
I have used this for a while now and as a budget set up I dont think it can be beat. Really good build quality and still going strong.
As the lamps have Red/Green emitters, all of the light is available and it will easily allow you to shoot out to 60yds. Both are good & dont tend to frighten off the rabbits as much as a white light either. (They use 2 x CR123 batteries and its worth having spares if you are out lamping for a while. You can get them & a charger on Ebay)

A lamp, scope mount and remote switch comes in at about a tenner delivered!

Links below.

Red Cree light

Scope Mount

Pressure switch

Green Cree Light

Converging lens

I have two from amazon Just type in Cree torch and price lowest to highest. They cost £5 if you use these special batteries ( i don't know what you call them) it will spot very well at 100 yards and flood well to 50 ( apparently as these batteries drastically improve the performance of the torch according to numerous reviews ). If you use AA batteries it will spot well to 60 yards and flood well to 30. And if you use rechargeable AA's it will spot well to about 40-50 and flood well to about 15. I bought one and two days later bought another as i couldn't believe it was such a good deal. I use rechargeable's and use one for lamp work with the air rifles and the other for car carry.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CREE-Lumens-Flashlight-Zoomable-Torch/dp/B007ZXUUOG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1375576064&sr=8-11&keywords=cree+torch

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Torch-300LM-Flashlight-Adjustable-Focus/dp/B008BXSMOO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1375576064&sr=8-4&keywords=cree+torch

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoomable-Adjustable-Flashlight-Waterproof-Design/dp/B007B86KLC/ref=pd_sim_lp_6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CREE-Lumens-Flashlight-Zoomable-Torch/dp/B007ZXUUOG/ref=pd_sim_lp_1

All basically the same torch, but honestly value for money is huge.

Edited by demonwolf444

• 2 weeks later...