SALES

hawkeye

Hi guys just going to have a moan about banks ……

What really gets my goat is the fact you buy something from a fellow member on the watch.

You send your cheque first class, then receive a reply 5 days after you have posted said cheque to be told bank sends cheque’s away to be cleared and it will be another 5 days before your goods are posted. OK 2.3 days wait but 12 days after cheque is sent you might get your good posted all being well.

The bank has the cheque for 8 days in their possession before it is cleared this includes one weekend.

The person you are buying from was ripped of so he says on flea bay and I have no reason not to believe him, to me that’s different from a forum where you are known.

The point I am trying to make is I have to trust said person for 12 days with my money yet they will not trust me with goods.

In the article for sale part people should state they will not send goods till cheque has cleared and give an idea how long there banks take..

:) :( :lol::lol::lol::D :o :o

It tends to be standard practice that the Seller holds the goods, until the cheque clears.

The problem element is not with the Buyer and Seller, its with the Banks for taking so long to clear a cheque.

Fortunately, they have been told to shorten this time by the Ombudsman and so things should improve.

It tends to be standard practice that the Seller holds the goods, until the cheque clears.

The problem element is not with the Buyer and Seller, its with the Banks for taking so long to clear a cheque.

Fortunately, they have been told to shorten this time by the Ombudsman and so things should improve.

Ive no problem with the first part of that statement,

my bank takes 3.4 days to clear a cheque not 8

my moan is the time these banks take and get away with it because people dont complain.

If my bank took that long i would want to know why.

I must be to trusting because when ever i have sold anything to a PW member it is posted the day after i have recieved the cheque.

Im not going to name names it is the thought that i am not being trusted that really gets to me and this is because of the time the bank is takeing to clear a cheque.

As for the amount i dont count it as much its just pocket money...

I dont think i have ever cancelled a cheque and never had one bounce in my life.......

The worst thing is i will not get my new toy to play with for at least another week..

Its a very good point and most of the time you wont be dissapointed. It takes a building society a lot longer to cash a cheque than a bank. Ive sold over 60 items on ebay and generally send the items on the 5th day. I never check the bank to see if its cleared but maybe i just trust people too much and perhaps i shouldnt. Untill the day it turns round and kicks me in the ****, i will continue to work like this. Its like everything including shooting, you only need that 1% to cock up for everybody else and were all tarnished with the same brush.

Reason being I guess because cheques can be stopped immediately after purchase order and therefore goods could be received and no payment made. Undoubtedly that would have happened a trillion times. :o

Hi guys just going to have a moan about banks ……

What really gets my goat is the fact you buy something from a fellow member on the watch.

You send your cheque first class, then receive a reply 5 days after you have posted said cheque to be told bank sends cheque’s away to be cleared and it will be another 5 days before your goods are posted. OK 2.3 days wait but 12 days after cheque is sent you might get your good posted all being well.

The bank has the cheque for 8 days in their possession before it is cleared this includes one weekend.

The person you are buying from was ripped of so he says on flea bay and I have no reason not to believe him, to me that’s different from a forum where you are known.

The point I am trying to make is I have to trust said person for 12 days with my money yet they will not trust me with goods.

In the article for sale part people should state they will not send goods till cheque has cleared and give an idea how long there banks take..

:) :( :lol::lol::lol::D :o :o

The answer to that is obvious.....THEY'VE HEARD ABOUT YOU MIKE.... :P:P:/

Perhaps a Feedback rating for people who have used the Sales and wanted page of this forum?

Even just a small indicator next to the name of in the profile under the number of posts to indicate the number of purchases - sales good AND bad

I tend to ship goods to people with good feedback on fleabay before the cheque clears as their feedback is proof of their integrity.

Also when you see a person on the forum here with a lot of posts and others know them on a personal level then i HIGHLY doubt that person would rip off another member :)

It just wouldn't be worth it and ending up with a stigma attatcheed to their name.

LG

Perhaps a Feedback rating for people who have used the Sales and wanted page of this forum?

Even just a small indicator next to the name of in the profile under the number of posts to indicate the number of purchases - sales good AND bad

I tend to ship goods to people with good feedback on fleabay before the cheque clears as their feedback is proof of their integrity.

Also when you see a person on the forum here with a lot of posts and others know them on a personal level then i HIGHLY doubt that person would rip off another member :lol:

It just wouldn't be worth it and ending up with a stigma attatcheed to their name.

LG

LG the latter half of your post is what i was trying to get across people say the PW is like one big family yet we dont trust each makes one think.... :P:P:/

If I sell stuff on here I've always posted it before I've received the cheque and I've never had any problems :lol:

:) :(

But not any more :D :o :o :o

I have even held on to the cheque untill i have heard they are happy with goods and then banked it... :lol:

I won't ship stuff until the cheque has cleared, unless I feel I 'know' the person (even in an internet kind of way) and I always state that clearly on any Ebay items I sell.

IMHO If you are desperate to buy stuff and get your hands on it quickly, use paypal, if you don't have paypal - get it. :)

I won't ship stuff until the cheque has cleared, unless I feel I 'know' the person (even in an internet kind of way) and I always state that clearly on any Ebay items I sell.

IMHO If you are desperate to buy stuff and get your hands on it quickly, use paypal, if you don't have paypal - get it. :)

I have and use paypal Stuart im not desperate to buy stuff,

when i know how long it will take to get here i dont have a problem with that its the fact that this bank is taking 8 days to clear a cheque thats what ****** me off.. :( :lol:

As i said in earlier post my bank takes 2 to 3 days to clear cheques.

most people dont mind that sort of time but 8 thats being bloody ridiculace..