cartridges

Sometimes you can get a batch of hard/dodgy primers. The last lot I had were loaded in RC Sipe. Took 'em back and swapped them out for another brand.

Worth getting your gun checked to see if the firing pins and strike is working OK. Occasionally it's the gun and not the primer(s).

Never ever had a problem with any Hull Cartridge BTW.

Edited by Whitebridges

there are 3 reasons a cartridge wont go of..

1 firing pin

2 primer seated wrongly

3 cartridges stored in danp conditions

your gun is working so get a straight edge and lay the edge across the bottom of several cartridges and see if there is a difference in the depth of the seated primer, not all gunsmiths a good at storing cartridges, i used to know of a gun sellar local to me who used to store the boxes on a cold damp floor for ages !

regardless of where i buy my ammo i have always stored it in the airing cupboard.

i used to buy Hull cartridges and i had a few missfires...that was due to poor seated primers....i was working in hull at that time and took the slab back to them...and they showed me a good time and around the works whilst they tested them......they explained that the cases and primers were made and assembled in france at that time and they did the loading......a batch must have got thro that wernt up to spec....they gave me 2 slabs and a bottle of whiskey and sent me on my way...

when you buy a slab look on the end of the box and check the date stamp ....some gun sellers have tried to sell me 4 year old ammo....if they are kept well thats not a problem but they have to be kept in a controlled humidity for that period of time.

check the seating depth of the cartridges and on some makes you will be surprised how they differ from cartridge to cartridge

regards

I have a few thousand of these and to be honest I cant wait to be rid of them although I have never had any mis fires I had a few boxes where there were several with the cases were dis torted due to wads not fitted correctly.i am not saying these are not a good cartridge but they simply do not suit me or my guns I will be happy to get back to my eley's

before you make any decision, about changing cartridges and shouting the odds at the supplier, get your gun checked properly, firing pins are not the only cause of a misfire, the wood might have swollen in the heat and the action might be dragging against the wood internals, im not a gunsmith but i have known 2 or 3 instances where this has happened to well known quality guns, where PDI's were not as good as they should have been.......i used to shoot nothing else except hull, but a few years ago they lost the plot...and when they had recovered i had moved on to another maker........it does happen, what is annoying is that you start to get the "worm" in your brain about the product...........as i said get your gun checked properly first then you know where you stand........

Good service from the managing director at Hull cartridges about misfires cannot fault the service given and even took the time to text me in hospital to say he was looking into this himself for me cannot ask more of the man at the top, and now out of hospital and had a conversation with the said man which has helped us both.

Would also like to thank Chris Horner for taking the first call and passing it to the top good and helpful staff are hard to come by thank you Chris, good service and thank you all for your help in this matter.

Best regards to all: Chris.

Good service from the managing director at Hull cartridges about misfires cannot fault the service given and even took the time to text me in hospital to say he was looking into this himself for me cannot ask more of the man at the top, and now out of hospital and had a conversation with the said man which has helped us both.

Would also like to thank Chris Horner for taking the first call and passing it to the top good and helpful staff are hard to come by thank you Chris, good service and thank you all for your help in this matter.

Best regards to all: Chris.

I take it the hospital stuff is all unconnected to faulty shells?