Howa 1500 or Tikka T3?

njc110381

Which Rifle?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Howa 1500 or Tikka T3?

• Howa
    • Tikka

Are you going to put one of Activeiii's modified RED LED T20 torches on it?

I missed this the first time around. No, not yet. He sold mine to you I think! Hey ho - for as long as I don't have a lamp I'll just have to drag him along to be my lamp man. As far as I can tell he doesn't mind!

Thanks for all the votes so far. I'm actually quite shocked by the results!

I went for a Howa 1500 in .223 as I wanted a stainless barrel. I also liked the fact that I could get a thumbhole stock for the Howa, so I got the ambidextrous thumbhole with stainless barrel. I have had no problems with the Howa, but I can't compare it to the Tikka as I have never owned one.

Howa for me everytime.Spent the last few months trying new rifles out.I absolutely hate the Tikka synthetic stock but it does have a nice bolt action.The Howa stock is a little better for me but the upgrade to the Bell and Carlson is what made the deciding factor easier.Both will do what you need.Im sure after a month or so either will feel like old shoes.

You certainly can't fault the 595, it's a fantastic action. It seems to be a struggle to find spare mags for them now which puts me off a bit. They put the T3 to shame though, no doubt about that. :good:

keep reading this on other forums ,when my son wanted one for his 595 i went to our local gunshop and ordered one had it in a couple of days simples expensive though.for what its worth i'd find a nice 595 first then i'd go t3

I'm not sure I'm going to the range this month. It's the local beer festival tomorrow night and I'm camping. I don't suppose I'll be in a fit state in the morning to be listening to a line of guns going off! Maybe next month though? I wouldn't mind a play with it, although I have already put my name to a T3 at Dauntsey Guns.

I'm not sure I'm going to the range this month. It's the local beer festival tomorrow night and I'm camping. I don't suppose I'll be in a fit state in the morning to be listening to a line of guns going off! Maybe next month though? I wouldn't mind a play with it, although I have already put my name to a T3 at Dauntsey Guns.

Can I ask how much?

Can I ask how much?

£845. Not the cheapest deal available but not the most expensive either. I'm very keen to support them as a fairly newly opened business that is local. They offer good advice and will spend time talking to you to resolve issues or help you out on matters you're not sure of.

Edit... They actually want £890 but are throwing in a free set of scope mounts worth £45, or will give me that much off of any other mounts if I want something more fancy.

Edited by njc110381