car camera

Guest newarcher1

Got one over a year ago - cheap one for £20 from S Korea or China - was so pleased with it I now have a Roadhawk HD one on front screen and old one is now on rear screen - I wouldn't go out without one now -- Mate over road just bought a cheap one - got six IR light's on front - cost £18 and seller was in I think Southampton - do a Google for "Car Cameras" Loads of hit's - just check where they are posted from - try and get a UK seller - I am now on fourth week waiting for PCi card - didn't realise it was from China. -Also loads of reviews on the tube

You would really need a 32gig class 10 SD card - my Roadhawk uses 80mb per minute on HD. - card takes 30-40 min to download to computer - I keep 3 weeks footage on spare 100g partition on PC.

Dave

May I ask what their for. I thought only rally drivers had them lol.

With the 'crash for cash' brigade sometime your own single point of view might not be enough legally.

I'm seriously considering getting one - had a few near misses of late

hi folks thinking of getting a car camera, does anyone have one of these installed,any recommendations please.

Hi I have been working a lot with cctv camera's and the like of late and I think this could do what you want and is a reasonable price: Dave

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370821466829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4385wt_1255

I got one a few months ago for the same reason as Paul T - the number of insurance scams is on the rise, plus so is the number of idiots.

I was on the way back from Essex on Friday and almost came a cropper thanks to a stupid ***** who pulled into my lane without looking in her mirror. Having the camera there just gives a teensy bit of reassurance that it won't be your word against theirs if anything happened. Oh, and in the hope she'll see it I put the clip on Youtube advertising her reg - I was fuming....

Guest newarcher1

Hi I have been working a lot with cctv camera's and the like of late and I think this could do what you want and is a reasonable price: Dave

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370821466829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4385wt_1255

thanks dave I will check this out

I got one a few months ago for the same reason as Paul T - the number of insurance scams is on the rise, plus so is the number of idiots.

I was on the way back from Essex on Friday and almost came a cropper thanks to a stupid ***** who pulled into my lane without looking in her mirror. Having the camera there just gives a teensy bit of reassurance that it won't be your word against theirs if anything happened. Oh, and in the hope she'll see it I put the clip on Youtube advertising her reg - I was fuming....

hi may I ask which one you got. and your feedback so far thanks

Edited by newarcher1

junctiontwo

How big was the file you uploaded to the Tube -- I can only get my files down to 10mgb for 1 min - Tried all sort's of prog's to make smaller file but gave up -- I am only on 380kbs upload BB though.

How about link to your clip ?

Dave

junctiontwo

How big was the file you uploaded to the Tube -- I can only get my files down to 10mgb for 1 min - Tried all sort's of prog's to make smaller file but gave up -- I am only on 380kbs upload BB though.

How about link to your clip ?

Dave

Hi Dave - it was 120Mb and even though my BB is a little faster than yours, it still took a while.

I wasn't going to publish the link as after other comments (that I agree with) it looks as if I was speeding! This is the impression that video gives - I was actually doing 74mph. Here it is though:

I pulled alongside her and she was totally oblivious, not a care in the world, staring straight ahead and happily chatting to her passenger. The fact that she couldn't see out of her back window drove me nuts. I had to mute the sound when I uploaded it as it was a tad colourful.......

Edited by junctiontwo

J2

My roadhawk gives me the speed on cam when I download it - Looking at picture it certainly looks faster than you are really going - 30 look's fast. - I live in sticks and it seems I am really caning it round corners but real speed is 20 - 25mph.

407399711.jpg

This is a screen shot of Roadhawk.

Dave