Love Film or NetFlix ?

station

Hi All,

Any pros or cons for either service ?

The money seems the same per month, but does one have a better back catalogue or newer releases ?

I'm big into HD pictures, but also soundtracks need to be available in preferably digital encodings of either Dolby True HD or DTS Master HD. We have a pretty good surround sound system and love BluRays for getting the best out of it.

Also any feedback on reliability would be appreciated.

Many thanks for any input.

I do LoveFilm. Nice thing about it is that along with the streaming, I can have one DVD/BluRay out at a time (netflix don't do physical dvd's in the UK). Lots of films are not available on streaming.

They both offer free trials - so give them a shot. LoveFilm do stream in HD - not sure about the audio side of it as I don't have any home-cinema audio.

It seems reliable enough - I use the PS3 to stream to my TV. There are iPad apps to select the videos you want to watch or get via the post, or you can even stream to your ipad.

Edited by aris

Be aware that if you are watching via a smart tv then the choice is very limited. We used to have lovefilm DVDs but changed to online only and were very dissapointed with the lack of choice, we changed to Netflix but it was the same. You can, however, get the full catalogue through your pc. Very annoying.

I have both, Netflix is great for the kids and the parental controls mean I can select what they watch on there tablets and the choice is good for them. I have love film and get the dvd's as well as watching what I want on the PC.

The reason I have both is we had love film first and found out I could not put all my devices on and watch different things at the same time, Netflix you can

I have Netflix if you go for it you can use unblockus to get a better catalogue with a bit of setup, but I find I have to switch it on and off for some programmes which are uk only. The stream quality is great though. The problem with films on the UK versions of both is that sky have most of the rights with the studios in the UK.

Edited by XD2

I do LoveFilm. Nice thing about it is that along with the streaming, I can have one DVD/BluRay out at a time (netflix don't do physical dvd's in the UK). Lots of films are not available on streaming.

They both offer free trials - so give them a shot. LoveFilm do stream in HD - not sure about the audio side of it as I don't have any home-cinema audio.

It seems reliable enough - I use the PS3 to stream to my TV. There are iPad apps to select the videos you want to watch or get via the post, or you can even stream to your ipad.

Cheers, I too will run it through my PS3 and i do like the idea of a BluRay or 2 from time to time.

Be aware that if you are watching via a smart tv then the choice is very limited. We used to have lovefilm DVDs but changed to online only and were very dissapointed with the lack of choice, we changed to Netflix but it was the same. You can, however, get the full catalogue through your pc. Very annoying.

As in my other reply I will use PS3 and not TV - I wonder if doing it this way I can access the full catalogue?

If you go for love film.

Pm me and I'll send you a three month free voucher that they send out every now and again

Appreciate the offer - thanks :good:

I watch Noobroom and its free :lol:

If I mentioned NooBroom in my house the wife would think I was having a go and hit me with one :)

Choose Netflix because its cheaper

From what I can gather they both seem the same price per month?