Night vision help needed

tonker

Hi everyone, as the header says help needed. One of my permissions has asked me to clear a dose of newly relocated foxes (no problem with that)

I normaly lamp with a mate who is happy doing all the lamping while I shoot.

Now this Farm is surrounded by fox huggers, and are giving him a hard time when they see anyone out lamping. I could put some wires about the place, but I prefer the triple with a mod.

I told him I'd do it anyway, but he'd rather keep the peace with his neighbours

so my question is. what nightsite on a buget of about £500 pounds? is it possible to get anything of any quality

or am I hopeing for something impossible.

Thanks for any future suggestions.

Edited by tonker

The new Yukon Photon if you can find one - but you'll have to form a queue because of it's rapid acceptance and popularity. :yes:

It's about the cheapest most covert option available to you if you are considering ready built and can dedicate a rifle to it. It doesn't need anywhere near as much IR to use it so there is less chance of you being detected by keen eyes looking for the tell tale signs. On a fullish moon night you can expect to see foxes much clearer than these rabbits with no IR at all.

My video with boring talkover and no shot because it was intended to be shown on the BBs which has a no kill policy:

If its a 1 of job clearing the fox's can you not get some one to accompany you on your shoot and use there nv. I use an archer and when shooting all anyone can see is a little red dot which does stand out but if you don't know much about nv you wouldn't even know what it was. I shot 80+ rabbits with mine last night some of which were only 10 yards from a hose., at the end of the night the owner came out and asked how come you turn your light on after you have taken the shot and not whilst you are taking it. When I explained he couldn't believe it until I let him look through it.

Edited by Luckyshot