12.5" damascus bowie knife for sale

matt fieldcrafter-uk

My latest Damascus or pattern welded knife!!

Made 100% by myself, a one off creation.

It’s made of 120 layers of steel, forge welded together, steels used are 15n20 nickel steel and cs60 spring steel and it’s a high carbon blade with a fantastic temper.

The pattern is ladder pattern created by manipulating the steel as shown then flattening and drawing it out.

image_zpsfa09d05e.jpg

here achieving welding temprature in the gas forge building up enough heat to flatten and draw out .

th_IMG_0958_zpse376bd44.jpg

here a short clip of thepower hammer used . i cant work he hammer on hot steel and film so just a clip that shows how contolable the hammer is , its a 42kg turkish air hammer .

th_IMG_0957_zps3c8f2b80.jpg

Overall length is 12.5” with an 8” blade.

The handle is African black wood which is very dense and heavy; guard is brass and aluminium with a single brass pin.

No sheath on this one I’m afraid.

I would like £320 for it, that include postage which will be first class recorded (you need to sign for it)

I hope you like it?

It’s the last Bowie I’m doing for a while I want to try new styles

image_zps68967148.jpgimage_zps69e2fff9.jpg

image_zps1175d293.jpg

image_zpsf2d3b9b5.jpg

image_zps842573a8.jpg

image_zps11121dc2.jpg

image_zps2f4dee4f.jpg

image_zps1df8e236.jpg

Thank you gents !

You could go on forever how to improve it to differ tastes I know !

But I want the steel to do the talking on this one !

I don't have a makers mark for my Damascus knives I should I know but maybe that's my mark ?

Not bad for my 3rd Bowie ?

As in iv only made 3 in my life .

The false edge isn't live as its a show piece really but the cutting edge is live .

God only knows what you would do with it ?

Thanks for the compliments .

All the best , matt

Just a note , I will be at the midland game fair this weekend ( sunday only ) with a selection of knives for sale !

Pm Me for a phone number to find me or wander down to the falconry village and look for the hand made net making competition if I'm not there there will be a knife as a prize and a big stack of business cards for you to contact me !!

All the best , matt