over the moon

rascal72

Called back to a perm where there have been a lot of canadas feeding for the last week only to find the river had risen a little with todays rain,no geese but plenty of duck flighting coming in all directions but due to the current we had to pick our shots so the dog could mark the downed birds hitting the water,now bearing in mind he has only done dummy work so this was his first retrieve and he not only retrieved one he made three stunning retrieves complimented by my shooting companions as being difficult retrieves even for an experienced dog.

He made me so proud and just goes to show what can be done even by a dog that I have only had for 4 months and came from a rescue centre he is now 15 months old and has his first four ducks under his belt yes four that was three from the river and one on the edge of the field that was still flapping so to say im over the moon doesnt come close great night great retrieves and the dog is now curled up with me on the couch

Nice one & well done with your dog. It's surprising what can be done with a dog if it has'nt been spoilt. I myself had a 19 month old sprocker gave to me 2 1/2 years ago , he'd been tied up all his life running up & down on a washing line till I took him on. I worked with him in a morning & at night when I got in from work & took him out with a dummy launcher at the side of a river, he was retrieving really well ' a coca cola can floated past that was it he jumped straight in & retrieved it sweet as a nut, he now retrieves foul off the water, sits & retrieves from the hide, flushes & marks rabbits, what more do I want for free?? ATB with your dog bud ' happy hunting.

Edited by pstenson123

rascal72 and pstenson123

It is good to read your stories about your dogs and I hope that you have many happy years with them. Those instances are one in the eye for the...'if it's not a pedigree Labrador, Cocker or Springer it can't be a dog' brigade.

:good::good::good:

hi sitsinhedges been trying to use that and having no joy at all everything is fine until i try pasting it on here :/

I take photos on my phone and download them onto my computer then reduce the size to something sensible 800x800 for example. I then pick that up with photobucket and download straight on to here from photobucket. Always seems to work for me.