Dressing up for special days

Highbird70

I ended up getting +4 moleskin breeks but with my shirt and socks they go well and feel comfortable.

In learning about +4's, +2's, garters and socks I've realised that there's a perfectly good practical reason for wearing them.

The breeks should be done up with the hem just below the knee on the thinnest part of the leg at the top of the calf. The material around the knee is then pulled out to form an overhang over the top of the socks and boot. This means that rainwater will drip off the bottom of the breeks outside of the boots instead of running down the trouser leg into the boots.

Feels really comfortable and I'll be putting a full matching suit on my wishlist for next season. :good:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the older generations came up with ideas in their clothing to make us more comfortable! What next they will have thought of a faster way of loading a shotgun don't know something like loading the gun at the breach not muzzle can see it catching on.

post-16198-0-81172000-1383034441_thumb.jpg

Edited by welshwarrior

I like to pop a shirt on for beating and dress fairly smart. I think it compliments the efforts of the guns and makes for a nicer day.

totally agree.

i only shoot a couple of days a year if i'm lucky, so most of my time is spent beating.

always wear a shirt and tie, keepers tweed gilet, tweed flatcap and moleskin trousers.