Gun cabinet in the cellar?

shootgun

I'm moving out soon in a new property, which benefits from a masive cellar, with entrance straight from the main hallway, easy accessible.Is quite worm and does not smell damp and the brick walls are dry and no sign of any mold.

My question is, is this a suitable location for my gun cabinet?

Thanks!

I would have thought that the cellar was just about the safest place to fit your gun cabinet. You could, if you wanted that "extra bit of security and Peace of mind" fit a lock on to the cellar door as well.

The only thing that I would do if it were me would be to make sure that I had something like some large packs of "silica gel"(sp) in or very near to the cabinet to absorb any possible unforseen/unexpected moisture or dampness.

I would have thought that the cellar was just about the safest place to fit your gun cabinet. You could, if you wanted that "extra bit of security and Peace of mind" fit a lock on to the cellar door as well.

The only thing that I would do if it were me would be to make sure that I had something like some large packs of "silica gel"(sp) in or very near to the cabinet to absorb any possible unforseen/unexpected moisture or dampness.

The cellar door is fitted with a mechanical code lock already, and moisture is what worries me, hence the question

Be careful with moisture traps and silica gel - I have heard that they can dry out the wood on your stock causing issues. The VP90 is my recommendation.

My suggestion was for the moisture traps to be in and around the cellar. But I agree with your comments regarding them drying out the wood. I also use VP90 sachets in my cabinets.

Thanks for all the comments chaps, really helpfull! i was afraid the cellar is not a suitable location for a gun cabinet, but everyone seems to be happy with this choice... i'll go for the VP90 than, and another big lock on the inside of the cellar door, to keep my girlfrend out while i'm in :lol: