DT10

scarter

There's a 32" one on this very forum for £2200 and it looks extremely tidy, the fact it's a left hander could be of benefit to some and spare stocks are around £300-£400 which is around what you'll get if you sell the left hand one.

Indeed there is, but unfortunately it's a fixed choke version with only 1/4 and 1/2.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed there is, but unfortunately it's a fixed choke version with only 1/4 and 1/2.

exactly, theres a lot of people comparing the prices on 2 completely different guns,

also if you read the gt advert the 'new' gun isn't actually new, its second hand, and a 30" fixed choke trap gun.

there's a lot of variation in price for these, but theres also a lot of variation in the quality and you cant compare the

prices of 2 different types of DT10

to me 4K seems a bit on the high side, would need to be an absolute minter for that.

p/x is the same as i got for my 682 against a DT10 a couple of weeks ago so seems about right, all the dealers i went to were offering very similar p/x money.

its only money, give it a week and you'll have forgot about buying it and have a gun that you'll hopefully enjoy shooting.

Mickmep.

Id the DT10 a big step up from the 682?

to be honest i've only had it a couple of weeks, and shot it twice as we were on a semi auto spell to get some practice in for the southdown semi shoot.

i never really bonded with the 682, so hardly used it.....too many toys in the cabinet, but i've gone from a 30" to 32" on the DT10, which makes it pretty much the same

overall length as a 28" semi auto.

i like the weight of it, noticably heavier than the 682, it feels quality when you handle and break the action, BUT in all probability its not 3 times the gun the 682 is, although was nearly 3x the cost.

if your mate wants one he may as well buy one, because if he's anything like me he'll keep thinking about it till he does, and is only putting off the inevitable purchase.

i looked at a few, not a massive difference in price, but i found the ones at the lower end were well used, i'm glad i spent a couple of hundred more and got what i consider a mint one, and i'm very fussy.

looked at some dogs for 3k+, ended up traveling for a mint one at 3.5k, and glad i spent the extra time and effort.

your mate really needs to try one, especially a 32", they're not for everyone.

Mickmep.

I currently have both, but don’t fall into the trap of thinking the DT10 will magically improve your scores just because it is more expensive, there is a difference but it is subjective to what each shooter actually wants from a gun.

The main difference is balance and weight, the DT10 weighs more than the 682 so does seem to absorb the recoil more and feel nicer to shoot. However, because the weight is between the hands rather than all in the stock or at the end of the barrels it feels lighter when mounted than the 682 and easier to swing.

I never use the 682 now and it is used so my lad can come shooting with me. I bought the DT10 2nd hand when they were current and paid about £2900 for an adjustable 32”, if I was going to buy one now I would be looking at the £3000 to £3500 depending on distance condition etc.

Edited by timps

Mickmep.

its a different gun altogether,just the feel of it and it handles different.as was said earlier because it is a more expensive gun does not mean you will shoot better I have a 682 and a dt10 and I prefer the 68 series I seem to get on a little better with them.as for the price there are a lot of them for sale however you get what you pay for these were competition guns and as such some of them have done a lot of work.average price for a clean one is around 3000 if you find a mint few years old one then yes 4000 is not far away.the current replacement is just under 6000 the dt11.as for getting a fixed choke and having it altered I would forget that a modified gun will not have the same resale just look at sporterised trap guns not very well regarded in most circles.

there is plenty of nice ones at well under 3k now.

As for sporterised? the MK38 sporterised for example has won countless competitions and is very well regarded.

countless shooters don't struggle with fixed chokes and choose to use them for sporting or many of us I bet don't change chokes at all as chokes are a minor thing in the overall business of putting X's on a card.

As for sporterised? the MK38 sporterised for example has won countless competitions and is very well regarded.

countless shooters don't struggle with fixed chokes and choose to use them for sporting or many of us I bet don't change chokes at all as chokes are a minor thing in the overall business of putting X's on a card.

nothing wrong with fixed choke use them myself,but its not worth buying a trap gun that has been messed about with if your shooting sporting get a sporter same with all the other diciplines.

its a different gun altogether,just the feel of it and it handles different.as was said earlier because it is a more expensive gun does not mean you will shoot better I have a 682 and a dt10 and I prefer the 68 series I seem to get on a little better with them.as for the price there are a lot of them for sale however you get what you pay for these were competition guns and as such some of them have done a lot of work.average price for a clean one is around 3000 if you find a mint few years old one then yes 4000 is not far away.the current replacement is just under 6000 the dt11.as for getting a fixed choke and having it altered I would forget that a modified gun will not have the same resale just look at sporterised trap guns not very well regarded in most circles.

Taking an open fixed choke gun and upgrading it with Brileys will only add value!

nothing wrong with fixed choke use them myself,but its not worth buying a trap gun that has been messed about with if your shooting sporting get a sporter same with all the other diciplines.

Mick, absolutely NOTHING wrong with the fixed choke versions as long as they have the amount of choke that you want!

Taking an open fixed choke gun and upgrading it with Brileys will only add value!

Mick, absolutely NOTHING wrong with the fixed choke versions as long as they have the amount of choke that you want!

I agree as I said but a sporter should shoot flat a trap gun doesn't I have fixed for pigeons but as I shoot sporting and skeet mostly with a small amount of trap so use multi on these. also I have a ltd edition gun which is some thirty years old with factory multi chokes valued at around 12k there was one for sale earlier that had been multi choked after it left the factory and was valued at less than half.so I am afraid it can and does make a difference

Edited by bostonmick

It isn't possible to say that a trap will shoot high, unless it has a raised rib - tapering down towards the muzzle. The comb is normally higher than a sporter, but that is all.

I would imagine that 99% of trap guns are set up to shoot as flat as any sporter.

It depends entirely on the shooter.

It isn't possible to say that a trap will shoot high, unless it has a raised rib - tapering down towards the muzzle. The comb is normally higher than a sporter, but that is all.

I would imagine that 99% of trap guns are set up to shoot as flat as any sporter.

It depends entirely on the shooter.

Totally correct.

Totally correct.

Totally correct.

I agree as I said but a sporter should shoot flat a trap gun doesn't I have fixed for pigeons but as I shoot sporting and skeet mostly with a small amount of trap so use multi on these. also I have a ltd edition gun which is some thirty years old with factory multi chokes valued at around 12k there was one for sale earlier that had been multi choked after it left the factory and was valued at less than half.so I am afraid it can and does make a difference

Not so correct, it is an old wives tale that Trap guns shoot high, they don't in this country because we don't want or need them to. Over in the US they shoot going away targets and ride the clay over their rib and it's not uncommon for their guns to shoot very high.

The idea that anything less than 3 grand is worn and shot out is too simplistic, the barrels cannot wear out, the actions can get sloppy when shot hard but :

1) DT10's are tough as old boots and very hard to shoot loose

2) They're easily rejuvenated since they're designed with this in mind

I take it then that all guns shoot exactly the same.

More or less yes. Most guns are meant to shoot to point of aim, it's desirable that they shoot a little high (60/40), it's never desirable that they shoot low but in my view too many do, I firmly believe that too many new guns come with too low comb dimensions hence why so many outstanding shots tend to shoot higher than average combs for ESP.

I should qualify the above statement by saying it isn't the low comb in itself that causes low POI but it's inherent unsuitability for a variety of reasons, namely loosing the bird from view and head lifting and having to work too hard in going through rising teal etc.

Edited by Hamster

Not so correct, it is an old wives tale that Trap guns shoot high, they don't in this country because we don't want or need them to. Over in the US they shoot going away targets and ride the clay over their rib and it's not uncommon for their guns to shoot very high.

The idea that anything less than 3 grand is worn and shot out is too simplistic, the barrels cannot wear out, the actions can get sloppy when shot hard but :

1) DT10's are tough as old boots and very hard to shoot loose

2) They're easily rejuvenated since they're designed with this in mind

again I can only agree almost all guns whatever the cost will last a lifetime with proper care.dt10 is a strong hard gun I have one myself..my own opinion is that gun makers spend millions on development of their guns yet we are supposed to believe that a third party can produce a better aftermarket part than the original maker.for a fraction of the costas with all things pattern parts are rarely on par with original equipment.

again I can only agree almost all guns whatever the cost will last a lifetime with proper care.dt10 is a strong hard gun I have one myself..my own opinion is that gun makers spend millions on development of their guns yet we are supposed to believe that a third party can produce a better aftermarket part than the original maker.for a fraction of the costas with all things pattern parts are rarely on par with original equipment.

No one is say aftermarket chokes are better but as it left the factory without them its irrelevant there is the option of factory chokes, opening up post proof (this i belive can devalue a gun) retrofitted multichokes (i dont believe this devalues them but you dont add the cost of retrofitting to the value....