Pigeon magnets

stevethevanman

Yes plenty...................you can get a fabricated one off ebay as I have done several yeasr ago for around £50 or £60....................and they work absloutely fine..............failing that if your handy yourself with light fabrication, why not try and knock one up yourself using a scrap windscrene motor and a bit of sheet metal and bar. :/

Guest konings

HI THERE STEVETHEVANMAN ,YOU CAN MAKE A MAGNET BY YOUR SELF SIR,

ITS READY IN A COUPLE HOUR .AND IT WORKS EVEN GOOD AS THAT EXPENSIVE.

EVERYTHING WHAT YOU HAVE NECESSARY ARE A WINDSCRENE MOTOR OF A CAR,

SOME WIRE FOR ABOUT 20 METERS LONG,AND SOME SPRINGSTEEL (2X) 2 METERS LONG

FOR THE ARMS,AND SOME STEEL,AND SOME PIECES STEEL OF 1.5 METER FOR THE FOOT.

AND A COUPLE OFF SKILFUL HANDS.

GREETINGS FROM KONINGS FROM HOLLAND.. :yes::lol:

Hey come on theyre not that expensive. Compared with the days when they first came out you were talking £300 + way back then!! THAT was expensive!

Yes, if my memory is correct, they were about £399.00, they ran off a full size 12 volt car battery and they were so heavy you got a hernia when lifting one.

I won't embarrass any of our regular posters by saying who it was that was peddling these oversize monsters..?? :good:

Cat.

Hey come on theyre not that expensive. Compared with the days when they first came out you were talking £300 + way back then!! THAT was expensive!

Yes, if my memory is correct, they were about £399.00, they ran off a full size 12 volt car battery and they were so heavy you got a hernia when lifting one.

I won't embarrass any of our regular posters by saying who it was that was peddling these oversize monsters..?? :lol:

Cat.

It wasnt WB by any chance was it Cat spill the beans... B) :P:good:

The weight issue is a major factor if you've got to lug all of year gear by hand across a muddy field in Winter.

Fortunately all of the models now available are way ahead of the Mk1 version, I suppose the only downside to being lightweight is that they are more prone to being blown over..??

Still, I wouldn't be without mine when decoying and I always use two if I can find a mate daft enough to carry another one for me. :good:

Cat.

I recall they had a similar problem with mobile phones when they first came out :good: Like lugging a concrete block around AND they didn't fit in your pocket!

I laugh everytime I see someone talking about making their own...the prices are now so low what's the point unless you're a DIY fanatic! But then I guess most pigeon shooters (at least the ones on here) do seem to be on the 'scottish' side :lol:

I recall they had a similar problem with mobile phones when they first came out :good: Like lugging a concrete block around AND they didn't fit in your pocket!

I laugh everytime I see someone talking about making their own...the prices are now so low what's the point unless you're a DIY fanatic! But then I guess most pigeon shooters (at least the ones on here) do seem to be on the 'scottish' side :P

How true, and surely you need a fully equipped metalwork shop and the skill need to bend and shape, braze, weld and solder.

It's all beyond my capabilities, I earn my living from the neck upwards. :lol:

Cat.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been looking at the price of the pigeon magnets that I hear everyone talkng about an my eyes almost popped out of my head, I thought how much. :huh:

I thought best say bye to this idea then :blush:

But are there any other cheaper alternatives out there

I just bought a pigeon magnet from the UK shoot warehouse advertised on this website for £75 and it is fantastic, it is there own made ones and as good as the PIGEON MAGNET brand ones

I have been looking at the price of the pigeon magnets that I hear everyone talkng about an my eyes almost popped out of my head, I thought how much. :good:

I thought best say bye to this idea then :lol:

But are there any other cheaper alternatives out there

I just bought a pigeon magnet from the UK shoot warehouse advertised on this website for £75 and it is fantastic, it is there own made ones and as good as the PIGEON MAGNET brand ones

Essentially UK Shootwarehouse IS/WAS the same as The Original Pigeon Magnet. We used to own that company but sold it for millions and millions and now we all drive round in flash cars and live footballer lifestyles....all from making Rotary decoys. He he.... I ******* wish!!

So yeah, Pigeon Magnet prices have come down, but thats only as a direct result of demand going up, therefore we can buy rotary machines in hundreds which in turn lowers the cost to the Customer.

Incidentally I've just come back in from testing the newest Rotary we've made, specially designed for the Hypa Flap decoys. You're gunna love it. Its stupidly light and runs of a iddy biddy little battery and its so slim you can bareley notice it on the field. The birds also spin a lot higher than our other rotaries too. I should think another month and it'll be ready, and then the arthritic crumblies from Hertfordshire will have nowt else to moan about :good::good: