Got a soaking

Gundogs88

Hi can anyone recommend a good WATERPROOF coat/jacket I was out on Saturday picking up on our local syndicate and got a drenching well a drowned rat was mentioned !!!!!!!!!!

Just looked online at the jack pyke soft shell waterproof coat and just wondered if any off you had it and if its any good . Would prefer one with a hood Willing to spend around £100 or abit more if you know off a good one

Many thanks gundogs 88

I have always worn my Deerhunter jacket and trousers when the weather is wet and cold. It has never let me down, not even in torrential rain. It does cost a lot more than £100, and I remember when I bought mine many years ago, and parted with my hard earned cash, that I thought 'was I wasting my money'. I was wrong.

Another well made waterproof jacket/trousers is the Jaki Jakt brand. I also have a set of these, and they are excellent in wet weather.

Jack pyke is, to be honest a bit poo. I had the hunter coat, not breathable and only water proof for a short time. Got a deerhunter tempest coat now, its breathable and has a long back, high neck and a good hood. In my experience, its better to spend a bit more and get something decent, than keep trying different cheepies!

Keep clear of Jack Pyke clothing which has very poor breathable qualities!

I wear a Seeland Keeper jacket and breeks which have never let me down, I was also shooting week last Saturday and it poured down all day. But I stayed nice and dry under the clothing.

Edited by browning123