Benelli premium plus

Munchie

Bought a new browning maxus in October, problem with jamming, sent it back to browning, fired it again and it jammed 20 times out of 70. I am sending it back to the dealer I bought it from asking him to replace it with a binelli premium plus they have on their gun list. As any one had problems with this gun, because to be honest, the browning was my first Auto and despite the write ups I read about it I was not impressed.

The Premium plus is a model that has been around for a number of years in a variety of disguises. It has been sold as the Pintail, the ES 100 and a couple of other names under the badge of both Benelli and Beretta.

It`s made at a satellite factory in Spain, if my memory serves,from parts made in a number of other factories in an attempt to keep costs to a minimum.

I have a couple of Benelli`s and I really like them for their reliability, but the Premium Plus is the one Benelli/Beretta that I would not buy since they are notorious for operating problems caused by quality control, rather than design, issues.

i own the ES100 which is exaqctly the same gun as the premium plus,

as long as you run it in with a slab of heavy carts (32g + )you should find it runs fine.

the inertia system used in the premium plus is the original system that benelli used when they first started marketing the 121 sl80. it was used by the american police and military for many years as it is a VERY reliable system.

i have never had an issue with it jamming, the fit and finish is good, and the synthetic furniture is functional and easy to get along with.

the only down side to this gun (imho) is that there are no off the shelf modified parts for it. hence the reason i have had to manufacture my own (oversize bolt release, oversize charge handle, magazine follower)

the bolt release button takes a little getting used to as it doesnt operate the same way as most semi's do. you need to have a round in the chamber before you can load from the lower gate, and the button needs to be depressed rearward and locked into place. also, emptying the mag cant be done by just working the action, you need to physically push the shell release latch with your finger and the shell will pop out from underneath. a little tricky at first but very easy when you get used to it.

dont be put off by people slating it, as most have never owned one... i love mine and wouldnt part with it unless a vinci came along at the right price.

if you want to know aything else, just give me a shout.

brett