Froch v Groves.

bullet boy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've long believed that Professional boxing is controlled by the big promoters and bookmakers and that was perfectly illustrated last night...

Millions of pounds were going astray in massive bets last night until the referee stepped in prematurely and handed the fight to Groves.

If I were the Authorities I would have a very close look at the Referees expenditure patterns in the next couple of years because it was pretty obvious that Al Capone is alive and well and living in Manchester.

If pretty sure the ref could have given an 8 because the ref prevented Groves from going down,the same way as the if the ropes saves a fighter from dropping a count should be given,but maybe im wrong?Ive read someone saying that his knee touches doon but withoot seeing a replay cant comment.Bit mystified why the ref positioned himself to grab the man getting punched and not the puncher when hes going to stop the fight,and as a pro ref whats your opinion on that.I do think Groves would have been stopped but should have been given time imo.

under no circumstances can a ref give a standing count to a fighter under pressure in the pro boxing game, in the amateurs yes but that is to give the amateur fighter a break but it will go against him when the points are totted up but in the pro game it does not happen,,,those are the rules,

the ref should of stepped between froch and groves he should never of put him in a headlock, he should of stepped between them to save groves from further punishment, ref,s are there to protect the fighters,

he did wrong and knows he did but for an A Star ref it was bad of him to stop the fight the way he did, believe me he will be up before the BBBC to explaine why he did what he did and it will be a long time before he refs a boxing match of that magnitude again

atb Evo