beach fishing

karl h

Bit patchy around this area (east yorks coast) however i have heard that if you are in the right place at the right time you could bag up on cod??

The rumour is that two fella's weighed in 90lb's of fish on a local beach match??

A mate of mine has, however, had some decent whiting of takeable size using lug tipped with mackrell.

hope this helps, good hunting.

Regards Sutty :good:

Fished Cromer once while i was down for the Broads and there were some REAL nice Bass being caught :good:

Most of MY fishing is done in the NE and again most of that by Boat :P Never bother with the beach that much now :lol:

The Boats are producing Rock cod upto about 1.5Lb and some nice cod upto around 9lb at present off Amble and a few Whiting but nothing to talk about.

LG

The wife is off to the states again at the end of the month

So it's off to Pakefield Beach Suffolk for some more Cod Fishing, for Me :good:

My little Girl will be looked after by Her Gran while Her Grandad will be coming to and from the Beech suppling Me with Hot Food/Drink, while i put in all the Hard work Fishing :P

The wife is then off in early Feb and Late Feb on more Business Trips, oh what shall i do :good:

anyone passing the Boats at Pakefield Beach any of these times stop and have a chat or a fish i have 4 beachcasters in my slip. To the rest of you enjoy your work :P

PELTMAN :lol:

The wife is of to the states again at the end of the month

The wife is then off in early Feb and Late Feb on more Business Trips,

PELTMAN :good:

Are you sure these are business trips :P:good::P:lol: Sounds to me like your not the only one having fun :lol::lol:

Never fished Pakefield area, although went on a trip out of Yarmouth, it was so rough we anchored up just off the beach and had a good day on the whiting. Cley is good in SUmmer for Bass and Mackeral, not sure what its like in winter though. Sheringham looks inviting with all that rough ground down the bottom of the main street, anybody fished there?

SS :lol:

The wife is of to the states again at the end of the month

The wife is then off in early Feb and Late Feb on more Business Trips,

PELTMAN :look:

Are you sure these are business trips :lol::good::P:oops: Sounds to me like your not the only one having fun :lol::lol:

SS

I used to be a sparky and have plenty of lead meter seals left over. A new seal is crimped in the right place :lol::lol: every trip, stopping my Wife playing the field.

So i'll be the only one who might catch a few Crabs :lol:

PELTMAN :yp:

DEFRA are proposing to introduce a Sea Angling License.

The people that claim to represent anglers, appear to be in favour of the idea, even though the vast majority of people fishing in the sea do not belong to any club.

Published figure reckon that a £22 license will yield £3M, after enforcement and collection expenses.

It's estimated that there are between 1 and 2 Million sea anglers generating almost £100M in VAT for Flash Gordon. I think we're already giving him enough, while commercial fishermen are claiming back all the VAT they are charged.

It only wants 5% to be put off taking up angling, for all the license money to be cancelled out.

IT'S JUST ANOTHER TAX!!!!!!!!!

If you have an issue over this proposal, write to your MP as soon as possible.

You also forgot to mention the bag limits, new size limits and Marine Protection Areas, that are also being discussed.

The main problem with sea fisherfolk is that they do not normally belong to Clubs , or other Organisations and so don't get involved with the "politics" of fishing, as freshwater fisherfolk do.

The "representation" of sea angling has been hijacked by a load of self elected Conservationists, with their own agenda. :look:

Sounds like another stealth tax on the way then :look:

I often take my Son fishing and we only take a small rod with light line a few shot and small shiney hook.

Don't need bait we just Jig off the side and rake in the small Coalfish and Cod there is more enjoyment in catching over 30 or so fish in a day than freezing my *** off on a beach for a flatty and perhaps a bass if i am lucky.

I am a return only fisherman i keep NOTHING other than the occasional mackrell.

Some fishermans faces when i return decent fish is a picture :yp:

I prefer to buy from a shop ready done and in batter etc and it helps prevent waste too.

I am in it for the Sport NOT the bag

LG

I prefer to buy from a shop ready done and in batter etc and it helps prevent waste too.

LG

What, you mean all that cooking oil used in the Chippy and the electricity it uses while open, then theres the paper that your F&C's are wrapped in, plus the wooden fork you eat it with ect ect ect :lol:

You don't like waste do you :lol:

Sea fishing is for the Table, fresh water for both eating and sport :yp:

PELTMAN :look: