When is 1 woodie and 1 black a great day?

Cosd

Just back from a day over a potato field. Large numbers of birds flying and settling into a field just over a newly cut ditch. It was deep with a good stream flowing in it. I could not bring the birds in at all to my pattern. Not one shot. It was real cold also, so I got up to look at the field where they were going. They got up and were flying all around but fast and high. I took a punt at a few and hit one which fell with a thump over the deep ditch. What a buzz that was. Retrieving was the hard bit. So just one bird but a good day.

I was out saturday for a few hours with a mate. Got to a fresh drilled wheat field and there were about 50 woodies on it. We set up where they had been feeding and got ready.

The only things to come anywhere near us were ferals and with the wind they were very hard to shoot.

My mate had 23 shots for one bird ! ! ! He is usually a good shot.

I was out saturday for a few hours with a mate. Got to a fresh drilled wheat field and there were about 50 woodies on it. We set up where they had been feeding and got ready.

The only things to come anywhere near us were ferals and with the wind they were very hard to shoot.

My mate had 23 shots for one bird ! ! ! He is usually a good shot.

Been there,what made it worse ,,,when i got home the wife was standing next to me as i put the empty shells in the bin and remarking with a smile,1 bird for all them,time you where giving it up, bloody wimin .

johnnie

Edited by AULD YIN

• 2 weeks later...

I got a woody and a black yesterday!

For 4.5 hours, cold miserable conditions, I shot terribly and had a run in with some toffy nosed twonk who presumably has something to do with a shoot that also uses that field. I walked away back into my hide in the end; no respect for me = no respect for him.

Just goes to show how differently things can go.