how many charges ?

norfolkgoose

I was told by the gun shop to fill to 200 or 210 no more and to ideally not let it drop below 100 as this is where it prefomed at its best .

I also forgot to say its in .177 ..i must say a bit confused as its regulated so should not matter if I fill to max of 250 ?

Edited by norfolkgoose

My AA s410 classic which ran at 180 down to 100 was around 13 topups from a 3litre 300 bar bottle. The recommended fill pressure is 200, but the sweet spot was 180. Yours being regged should give you a larger window. I'm not sure of the size of your BB compared to the AA classic cylinder. I should imagine its similar in capacity.

It is 230 bar on all bsa guns unless the new mrk2 is 250 bar?

it is 230bar, but the standard R10s don't behave so well when they're filled to 230. the regulator and valves panic and throw their toys out of the pram. A good tune up and all of them behave as they should and you get the proper 232 bar. 200bar is a safe bet!

Edited by chrisjpainter

I have a Super 10, it has no such problems, there again it has also been to Mr Bowkett so any problems it did have hiding were sorted out and it was made even better than when it left the factory.

Basing the fill pressure to be at 200 bar, the empty pressure to be at 100 bar and allowing for the same size air bottle as the S10, you ill get 14 full refills out of a 3 litre bottle!

Edited by secretagentmole

I am between norwich and yarmouth it would seem that the place I used did not fill it right up !

thank you secretagentmole for the link I will get in contact with them soon and hope I get more top ups on the next bottle thanks to every one who replied I might have to get a bigger bottle as I go nearly every night :)

A bigger bottle will be a wise idea, but do not get rid of the small bottle! Ideal for topping up in the field or whilst the big cylinder is being charged!

Ian (East Coast Diving) is a nice bloke and also shoots... You might be able to get a used divers cylinder off of him, he does do testing as well, last prices charged were £10 for a visual and £25 for a hydro!

Edited by secretagentmole