Crow decoys?

hunterboy36

Hi all,

I don't know whether this is the appropriate section to ask, but me and my cousin have recently taken up crow shooting alongside pigeon shooting.

Were on the lookout for a crow caller (are the U Callers very effective?). We've heard great things about them!

Also, what is the best decoy pattern for crows (if there is such thing). We usually use them to the side of our pigeon decoys without great success. This isn't down to our ability to remain hidden! :good:

Any advice would be greatly received.

Kind regards

Jake & Jack :)

As others have said about the primos caller. Iv'e been shooting crows for years :yes: you need a good number of decoys,set any old way.

Just sit still in till they are in range. My bags are usually over 50 to 300 crows as you will see on here in Vermin shot total.

Not been out for a month or two but will be out next dry morning,and hope to get a great mornings crow shooting on a new permission.

Have taken a few lads off here on the crows had big bags,Mark Bullet Boy was up last we shot 119 in a couple of hours. :) atvb Terry

As others have said about the primos caller. Iv'e been shooting crows for years :yes: you need a good number of decoys,set any old way.

Just sit still in till they are in range. My bags are usually over 50 to 300 crows as you will see on here in Vermin shot total.

Not been out for a month or two but will be out next dry morning,and hope to get a great mornings crow shooting on a new permission.

Have taken a few lads off here on the crows had big bags,Mark Bullet Boy was up last we shot 119 in a couple of hours. :) atvb Terry

Very good fairplay!

In my limited experience of crow bashing they are wary of pigeons on a rotary and flair off. If you go for crows on there own place your decoys down wind of your hide so they are looking at the pattern not your hide. Make your hide so you are concealed from the approaching birds , a small roof on one edge of your hide will help. Place your pattern about thirty yards/meters out from the hide, for maximum shot spread. Put the decoys in two groups facing in all directions at first and add as you shoot up to about fifty. I'm sorry for those have heard this before but I'll say it again. MOVE, MOUNT and SHOOT. Good luck in the future.

• 2 weeks later...