Gun Cabinet Key storage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why were you keeping cash in your gun cabinet?

Why not if you don't have a normal safe ?

Very interesting thread . I'm of the opinion you can only take reasonable precautions , if they want to get into a gun safe they will. My mother in laws house was broken into last year in about five minutes they ransacked the house ( four youths ) under some of the mess was jewellery they missed and the crow bar they used to force a patio door open. Most burglars want to be in and out as fast as possible.

All this only becomes an issue if your guns are stolen. Say you gave the spare keys to your parents, that would be pretty safe, just don't mark them as "Keys to gun safe at 44 Acacia Drive". I always keep my main keys on myself so if I am out of the house then so are my keys.

I don't believe that a burglar is likely to target your house in order to steal your guns, what must be avoided is the situation where someone breaks in, easily finds your keys and steals your guns. That would leave you with some explaining.

Most things come down to common sense. If you make it as difficult as possible to steal your guns then everyone is happy. If you ask the question about spare keys then they have to answer with the official response. If you don't ask then neither will they.

I don't believe that a burglar is likely to target your house in order to steal your guns, what must be avoided is the situation where someone breaks in, easily finds your keys and steals your guns. That would leave you with some explaining.

If they did come specifically for guns then it would not an average house burglary ........

No body will ever find mine,

There in an old treasure chest deep at the bottom of my fish tank next to a nice bit of bog-wood, you cant see it from outside as its to the left of my front door behind an outside wall.

The only people that know i have a fish tank are the people who come round and read the meter's,and possibly the post man and on the odd occasion if the Mrs has anything from the Next catalog then maybe she may come in. Oh! i forgot the decorator the other day.

But nobody knows there in there :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2: