Ravens .....

Stoobygixer

I'd suggest you study the "legal quarry" that can be taken, and at what time of the year it is legal to take ... Quarry identification is more important than, shotguns/cartridges/shooting attire etc ...

E.G. ... a split second glance and you should be confident in distinguishing between a red legged partridge (french) and a grey partridge (english) ... quarry ID, in my opinion, is the most important aspect of shooting. Shooting responsibly enhances wildlife ... shooting a protected species is not an accident, it in my opinion, is an indication, that person should not be shooting. Its not all about getting a SGC and picking up a gun/cartridges and permissions ... Its a subject lm passionate about ... shooting enhances wildlife, incorrect quarry recognition depletes it ... l suggest .. The BASC "Handbook of Shooting" - The Sporting Shotgun ...

Before the trigger is pulled ... think, should l fire or not .. is quarry identified ? ... if its yes, and its a plausible shot, shoot ... if there is a shred of doubt! ... DON'T shoot ....

Thank goodness for some great shooting attitudes on here. Never pull the trigger if you're not sure what your are shooting. respect your quarry, respect the sport and respect the law. Nothing worse than watching the shoot anything that moves brigade! makes me feel ashamed to own a gun myself when I see it. Wildlife is disappearing at a criminal rate, as is habitat and thats bad news for all of us. Hoggysreels, I couldn't have put it better. Enjoy your shooting and enjoy the wildlife out there while you can :)

+1 everyone :good:

BFR, the Towniefile lot are only peddling the left of centre townie agenda of BBC, RSPCA etc. If they did not they would go the way of David Bellamy and Robin Page and never work again. That said if belief in that agenda be proven by the well tried method of the 16th century - throw in pond and if they float they believe, then retribution should be taken.