What do u use/buy?

Subaru_sti5

Right guys not quite sure where this belongs so sorry if its in the wrong place.

I'm doing a little bit of research and would appreciate your help, as per title I am wondering what u guys&gals use or buy from your local gun shops or online, I'm after anything from airgun pellets, clothing brands to reloading brands for brass and bullets and any accessories that you use.

I appreciate any responses I get

Thanks!

Best gunshops and online sources are the various shooting forums. You can sit in comfort, grazing the sales sections and buy things you didn't know you wanted. I can't remember the last time I bought something from a gunshop. And that includes guns.

Right guys not quite sure where this belongs so sorry if its in the wrong place.

I'm doing a little bit of research and would appreciate your help, as per title I am wondering what u guys&gals use or buy from your local gun shops or online, I'm after anything from airgun pellets, clothing brands to reloading brands for brass and bullets and any accessories that you use.

I appreciate any responses I get

Thanks!

I have never bought ammo on line, I have bought brass (lapua) I wouldn't generally buy a gun without seeing it. Clothing wise Brands are just a way of charging more, I keep making that mistake the cost rarely is in the stuff more in the marketing push (then you see them disappear). Good luck if its a business venture but Internet trading on any real scale is just about selling cheaper than anyone else can get down to on the item in question

Local shop; Charging my PCP, Anything specific that i want ordering in mostly if i fancy a new gun, i go in every now and then and buy air gun pellets, but to be honest i go more for the conversation, as i get on with the guy who owns it really well and we just natter on for half an hour or so. The pellets he stocks generally are not the pellets i like to use, airarms or jsb's being my preference, where the shop sells lower quality higher value pellets which i just find less accurate, I've told him this but most his customers are not bothered and as soon as the sun comes out all his pellets go out of stock. But i would hate to see him close. Would be more useful if he could RFD, and do shotgun stuff as well.

Not fussy where i buy cartridges from, i generally buy in a slab, and i just get them when i need them from wherever i happen to be driving past.

Online: Only use JSRamsbottom as they wrap everything in 40 feet of bubble wrap; which is good , there is no point buying £12 box of pellets for them all to be bent or deformed when they get shoved through the letterbox. Buy bulk co2, pellets, mounts and such but that's about it.

Edited by demonwolf444

Cartridges - RC and gamebore,

rim fire bullets - eley, winchester

brass - winchester,

bullets - nosler, hornady, sierra,

powder - hodgdon, vhit,

primers - winchester,

reloading equipment - lee, RCBS

clothing - deerhunter, hunter, prologic,

This is a quick list of what I use and wear regularly, hope this is what you are after.

Guns: always buy from borders gun room, as they have an in house gunsmith in case of any problems

Air gun pellets: JSB Exacts

Shotgun cartrages: Gamebore, Lavale Express or Fiochi all 12Gauge 28G 7.5 PW, 28G 6.5 PW, 32G 5 FW, 36G 5 PW, 42G 3 PW, 50G 3 PW

Ear defenders: 3M peltor Sportac

Clothing: whatever the shop has that takes my fancy

Cleaning products: Whatever the shop has that the gunsmith recommends

for me it's mostly ammo

12g cartridge's clear pigeon

410 hull 2.5" 11g 6s for the hushpower

22lr........ winchester super x or eley

17 hmr... hornaday v max red tip

.222 i reload so it hodgdon powder hornaday 50g v max and 7.5 remmington primers

clothing wise i go to go outdoors as my lad works there and get up to 70% discount

anything else i get odds and ends of internet like lamping bits, netting, camo tape etc

colin