Global Warming

Highlander

OK we all know about global warming and the debate about who’s fault it is i.e. us humans (in the case of PW members some type of life form not sure which) or mother natures. So in the light of what’s happening and the effects that it’s starting to produce around the planet what do PW members think is likely to change in Woodys World or for that matter in a birds world in general?

I think the extension of their breeding season will have the most impact on us, as the numbers increase.

Whether they will become even more difficult to decoy, as food becomes plentiful year round, is an issue, but the increased numbers could counter balance that.

I can only think of "positives" at the moment, but I am sure there are some "negatives" somewhere.

I used to believe that it was all a load,but now I`m a bit concerned.Basically I think we`re in the poop :yp:

It is warmer and wetter like the profs predicted and soon the North Atlantic drift will stop and then the snow will fall and ...........

Well Lord only knows what will happen I used to think that it was another lurch towards a warm period as opposed to the cold blip the world had a few centuries ago,however the evidence seems to be overwhelming....... we`ve had our time on earth and we are about to be overcome.

Woodpigeon will inevitably take over the world and well done them ???

There`s another factor in this, they say the Earth is the only planet that is the right distance from

the sun that can sustain life, to close and you fry and to far and you freeze and the Earth they say is

getting closer to the sun so could this be a contribution to Global warming.

they say the Earth is the only planet that is the right distance from

the sun

THEY say a lot,I think it`s better put that we are the right distance from the sun for the type and proliferation of organisms we have on earth.

I think that if we ever get to Europa(sp) we will find life there.

With the extension of breeding seasons the adult birds will actually be eating more at all times of the year- as they are trying to provide for their offspring. So the farmers will probably not be happy- but then again - warmer weather and higher CO2 in theory at least may lead to better crop growing conditions (provided it's not a drought!).

they say the Earth is the only planet that is the right distance from

the sun

THEY say a lot,I think it`s better put that we are the right distance from the sun for the type and proliferation of organisms we have on earth.

I think that if we ever get to Europa(sp) we will find life there.

I can hear Orpheous playing in the background :good:

Global warming (climate shift) has happened countless times before it's a NATURAL cycle of the earth Mother nature heals herself.

Ice (when melted) releases Oxygen AND ozone and this is the main reason the ice caps are melting it's the planets way of healing it's self and plugging the hole in the ozone layer.

Our using Carbon burning fuels are adding to the problem BUT if you think there is ALWAYS a balance in nature then there is ONLY so much Carbon fules we can burn and there SHOULD be enough of the opposite resource to repair the damage.

Yes MAYBE we will head for another Ice age but so what just think US hunters will adapt while the Do good brigade will freeze and starve because they wont want to cut down trees for heat or kill animals for food :lol:

We will be fine

A new world order

Pigeonwatch for world domination :angry:

LG

the world goes through periods of change in climate over thousands of years.since the inception of the " modern " world we are more aware of slight changes.the usual dross of " look its the hottest day in december since 1953 " or the " coldest its ever been in brisbane at half six in the evening " will only stop when we realise this aint some new fad.

cant see the dinosaurs were buying bikinis before the ice age then regretting it somehow.

sign of the times that every slight action has a culprit and this time its all mankind. how cynical of me to think its all about the western world taxing to the hilt while the rest just dont give a damn. china any one ?

Worried that climate change may be blamed on you ? call Apocolypse Lawyers now and take advantage of our carbon footprint.

what a load of wink