british wildlife officers

jcbruno

In places like Canada,USA,Australia we have people who work for the government known as conservation oficers also known as game wardans,park rangers.

My question is , in the UK to they have such people to control and regulate hunting,fishing and other out door activities ?

I have never heard of any such officials.

The Police are responsible for gun licensing and Landowners/ General Public report anything suspicious, or untoward, to them.

Park Wardens/Rangers in the UK tend to be grass cutters, parking attendants and guides at the dipping pool for the local Primary School.

The only person who has ever asked for my licenses have been Gunshop staff when I have bought guns, or cartridges.

The only person who has ever asked to see my Game Licence is the Shoot Captain of various Syndicates I have belonged to.

The US Fish and Game Officers have the same powers as Police and benefit by keeping the fines their work produces and the proceeds from the sale of any confiscated equipment, including weapons, vehicles, boats etc.

I have never been salt water fishing in the US (over 200 times), without having my licenses checked, sometimes the catch checked for size and number, also the safety equipment on the boat checked.

I worked for The National Rivers Authority as a water baliff some years ago, prior to it being called

The Enviroment Agency ,checking licenses, net sizes, etc.

As far as i know they are still around.

They carry the same powers as a Police Constable as far as the Salmon and fresh water fisheries act is concerned.

Cheers Sutty :P