cold blueing

wiltshirekeeper

hi guys

just completed my first complete cold blue job it came out really well

took me hours and i really enjoyed it

I dont have much on around the farm so i thought i might offer my services to pw members.

shotgun barrels £40

trigger guards etc £5

MUST BRING IT TO ME IN MARLBOROUGH, WILTSHIRE

1-2 DAYS TURN AROUND

Whilst I appreciate your enthusiasm there a couple points I feel you should consider

1 your are advertising for work , if you don't have an RFD then you could fall foul of the law as you are operating a "gun smithing business" with out a licence ,this could result in a hefty fine and the revoking of your shotgun and/or firearm certificates .

2 I have tried just about every cold blacking solution and yes you can get some good results but I have not found one yet that is durable enough for barrels in regular use . Even experienced blackers will tell you that some steels will not black well so what happens if you have stripped and polished a barrel and it wont take the blacking you are applying .

As you are doing this as part of your farming business will you prices be subject to VAT ?

Take these comments as you will ,I just don't want any one to come unstuck .

I black barrels for a living and I have to have an rfd even though it is just barrels, I also had to have a secure workshop alarm cctv etc, if you want to do barrels learn the proper way to do it as cold blues will never match other finishes and will wear quickly. www.shotgunblackingbrowningandblueing.co.uk

And his Finish is outstanding.