New Gun - alterations and warranty

station

Hi All,

I need to raise the comb on a new gun - tried with a gel pad raiser and works a treat.

My question is if I pay a very nice man to do a very good job fitting an adjustable comb kit, will the warranty still stand on the rest of the gun. I appreciate that the stock warranty will probably be invalid, but I do have good insurance that would cover any accidental damage to the woodwork.

Many thanks for any advice given or experience.

ATB

I would not think that a stock alteration would affect the guarantee in any way as it dose not affect the working of the gun .May be different if it is one of those plastic things or in the case of an auto were you get a spring housing concealed in the butt, even then it should not .

Check with the importer or at least the gunshop before you get the work done. Could you not live with a slip on raiser or the gel one? It will have more resale value as original than with the comb adjuster.

In theory it shouldn't affect the warranty but if they can wriggle out of something then they usually will.

Check with the importer or at least the gunshop before you get the work done. Could you not live with a slip on raiser or the gel one? It will have more resale value as original than with the comb adjuster.

In theory it shouldn't affect the warranty but if they can wriggle out of something then they usually will.

If done properly I haven't seen an adjustable comb devalue a mid or low range gun if anything makes them more saleable but won't add the cost to the value

I would not think that a stock alteration would affect the guarantee in any way as it dose not affect the working of the gun .May be different if it is one of those plastic things or in the case of an auto were you get a spring housing concealed in the butt, even then it should not .

It's just a Beretta OU so no actual workings to worry about in the stock.

Cheers.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from ref wriggling !

As for the gel pad - well I plan to keep the gun so would like something more permanent to last a good few years.

Cheers.

Edited by station

If done properly I haven't seen an adjustable comb devalue a mid or low range gun if anything makes them more saleable but won't add the cost to the value

It would be done properly - I only let Simon at Doveridge work on my shotguns.

Never found fault with his work and he does a cracking job on adjustable comb kit fitting.

Thanks.

I'm 100% in agreement with HDAV. :good:

Me too !

Cheers.

Why not a 2 minute phone call to GMK for their answer?

Unless they gave me an answer in black and white then I would never trust an answer over the phone.

It's all well and good to say "well such and such said .........." when things go wrong and then be told that that person got it wrong !

I would sooner seek advice from people with experience and knowledge.

ATB

Unless they gave me an answer in black and white then I would never trust an answer over the phone.

It's all well and good to say "well such and such said .........." when things go wrong and then be told that that person got it wrong !

I would sooner seek advice from people with experience and knowledge.

ATB

Send them an email then! :D:good:

...and I don't think GMK will honour any warranty work because...that's what you were told on PW!

Edited by Dekers

Send them an email then! :D:good:

...and I don't think GMK will honour any warranty work because...that's what you were told on PW!

Too late to alter my decision, but I might send a mail and post the reply - maybe of use to others, especially if bad news !

Cheers