Pigeon Lung disease

Dave-G

I cant keep any cage birds due to it.

had cage birds (budgies, canaries parrots, pigeons) all my life then a few years ago had serious chest problems after tests I was diagnosed with "pigeon fanciers lung" even visiting someone who keeps birds leaves me with a tight chest coughing etc.

doctor reconed it was with breathing the dust off their feathers and poo for so many years

Edited by Markr

Citicosis? I think its called, the spelling might be way off though! Very easy to pick it up off ferals, its spread by a dust in the feathers- well known in parrots and strangely Prostitutes!

You might ask how I know this? LOL. Reason is I was in intensive care twenty years ago and they couldn.t find what was trying its best to kill me. One of the Doctors was convinced it was this and kept asking if I was involved with any parrots, pigeons or prostitutes (it is laughingly referred to as the three Ps now by the wife) he suggested that it was better she left every time he wanted to ask me. After the third occasion he asked me I got quite aggressive with him (a trait of my real illness( a type of meningitis started the lung but in all other respects like the usual feared form effecting the brain and blood etc. supposedly most diagnosed after death), anyhow it didn't get me but I have been careful around those three Ps ever since for the other thing

IT killed my "besty friend" at school 55 yrs ago ,,,, his father bred budgies and cocatoos and had fixed small cages to the walls in all the rooms and his bedroom

the whole class went to his funeral :sad1:

ps the prostitutes "badge of office" in a lot of towns was the feather boah :rolleyes:

Edited by harrypen

Citicosis? I think its called, the spelling might be way off though! Very easy to pick it up off ferals, its spread by a dust in the feathers- well known in parrots and strangely Prostitutes!

You might ask how I know this? LOL. Reason is I was in intensive care twenty years ago and they couldn.t find what was trying its best to kill me. One of the Doctors was convinced it was this and kept asking if I was involved with any parrots, pigeons or prostitutes (it is laughingly referred to as the three Ps now by the wife) he suggested that it was better she left every time he wanted to ask me. After the third occasion he asked me I got quite aggressive with him (a trait of my real illness( a type of meningitis started the lung but in all other respects like the usual feared form effecting the brain and blood etc. supposedly most diagnosed after death), anyhow it didn't get me but I have been careful around those three Ps ever since for the other thing

Not nice by the sounds of it. I have always been careful around the third of those P's.