Lack of rabbits

nobby

B) Isle of Wight, you say-I wouldn't do this for just anybody but how abouts I come over for a couple of weeks in, eeeerm the summer, and see what I think you are doing wrong-we could shoot bunnies in the cooler evenings and then I could lay somewhere (somewhere sandy would be good) during the day and formulate a plan to increase your bag.

Edited by bruno22rf

Just me then. Doh. Cheers for the offer Bruno but I'd have to draw the line at applying your sun cream.

It is only a recent thing I put it down to the rain, there is not much stealth when your ankle deep in mud. Been out and Sussed activity so have a night laid up on my Todd and break the cycle. I have taken a newbie out a few times so I had expected low numbers and one of my mates has come out a few times that has an inability to keep shtum. Lastly my impatient brother who when spooking the bugs starts clock watching waiting for them to reappear about 30 secs into it. (Never my fault as you can tell).

Having said that I've not seen many about compared to befor e Christmas.

They are drowning in their burrows I tell you

has been an increase this year as mixi was about 3years ago but they have been increasing for me,,as you say, you will shoot more being out on your own,but it is good to have someone with you now and again,,i had 5 last night in just on two hours and to be honest it should have been more but a couple of shots where on the limit distance wise so I didn,t bother pulling the trigger, instead I sat there watching them until one a bit closer popped out.

atb Evo

Edited by evo

They still have to eat mate, but mainly when I'm not prepared to go after them this time of year..!! I lamp up to about 11:30pm, none of this all night melarky any more, I done 10 straight years on perminent nights before I chucked it all in and live human hours nowadays. Maybe stretch your sessions into the night further if you want bigger bags. Me, I'm happy for one or two a go to keep us from waisting away plus keep the work back at home down with mediocre bags....... :good:

Just me then. Doh. Cheers for the offer Bruno but I'd have to draw the line at applying your sun cream.

It is only a recent thing I put it down to the rain, there is not much stealth when your ankle deep in mud. Been out and Sussed activity so have a night laid up on my Todd and break the cycle. I have taken a newbie out a few times so I had expected low numbers and one of my mates has come out a few times that has an inability to keep shtum. Lastly my impatient brother who when spooking the bugs starts clock watching waiting for them to reappear about 30 secs into it. (Never my fault as you can tell).

Having said that I've not seen many about compared to befor e Christmas.

They are drowning in their burrows I tell you

Not it's not just you mate, I've noticed it too. Numbers have been poor of late. It's not even just the ones I'm in range of shooting, it's a serious lack of rabbits. I did see 4 different foxes in 15 minutes the last time I was up there though...

Not it's not just you mate, I've noticed it too. Numbers have been poor of late. It's not even just the ones I'm in range of shooting, it's a serious lack of rabbits. I did see 4 different foxes in 15 minutes the last time I was up there though...

Glad it's not just me mate but gutted sport is quiet

VHD has wiped them out round here, see none at night in the headlights and i am out 4 nights a week at least.

Huge sporting loss.

A

Not seen any on verges either hope it picks up soon. Seen a few places that seem to be heaving with them ( more so than normal) but not got permission there. Haven't noticed any signs of vhd though and fingers crossed I won't. Edited by nobby

has been an increase this year as mixi was about 3years ago but they have been increasing for me,,as you say, you will shoot more being out on your own,but it is good to have someone with you now and again,,i had 5 last night in just on two hours and to be honest it should have been more but a couple of shots where on the limit distance wise so I didn,t bother pulling the trigger, instead I sat there watching them until one a bit closer popped out.

atb Evo

Never had an issue before with my shooting style and my old shooting partner was an old army mate so we were on the same wavelength field craft wise. There is a definite decrease in numbers of late but I do need to pull my finger out, I am a couple for the pot hunter unless the landowner specifically wants an area hammered. Just need some rabbit cannelloni in my system.