W Horton and Sons (Birmingham) raising funds for new shop

wyatt

Came across this in an email. Interested to know if anyone else is aware of it?

http://www.hortonguns.com/#!investment-page

https://www.angelsden.com/project-view/W-Horton-Gunmakers/

I've never considered investing in a scheem like this but am a little bit tempted. Not sure how they'd get on though, a few gun shops have been and gone in the centre of Birmingham.. would they stand out enough? It would be good to see a success though! Bringing more gun manufacturing back to Birmingham.

• 1 year later...

It's picking up week on week, although I wouldn't recommend it to restore your faith in humanity is all I can say.

Just a snippet from this week that makes me want to scream...

A chap emailed us from Scotland "will the Loden Green Breeks match my Jacket" (No pictures attached or detail of what the jacket was). Anyway after a bit of backwards and forwards he sent us a picture of a 20 year old Laksen coat. So we advised that a match is impossible and maybe a contrast colour would look good. Spent an hour and a half offering suggestions and delivering what we think is top notch customer service. He finally made up his mind, then it all went quiet for two days. Did a bit of a chase up and he informed us he bought them elsewhere £4.97 cheaper!!

No wonder everyone who owns a gunshop is a grumpy ***!

I feel your pain!!

All the best!

It's picking up week on week, although I wouldn't recommend it to restore your faith in humanity is all I can say.Just a snippet from this week that makes me want to scream...A chap emailed us from Scotland "will the Loden Green Breeks match my Jacket" (No pictures attached or detail of what the jacket was). Anyway after a bit of backwards and forwards he sent us a picture of a 20 year old Laksen coat. So we advised that a match is impossible and maybe a contrast colour would look good. Spent an hour and a half offering suggestions and delivering what we think is top notch customer service. He finally made up his mind, then it all went quiet for two days. Did a bit of a chase up and he informed us he bought them elsewhere £4.97 cheaper!!No wonder everyone who owns a gunshop is a grumpy ***!

It's picking up week on week, although I wouldn't recommend it to restore your faith in humanity is all I can say. Just a snippet from this week that makes me want to scream... A chap emailed us from Scotland "will the Loden Green Breeks match my Jacket" (No pictures attached or detail of what the jacket was). Anyway after a bit of backwards and forwards he sent us a picture of a 20 year old Laksen coat. So we advised that a match is impossible and maybe a contrast colour would look good. Spent an hour and a half offering suggestions and delivering what we think is top notch customer service. He finally made up his mind, then it all went quiet for two days. Did a bit of a chase up and he informed us he bought them elsewhere £4.97 cheaper!! No wonder everyone who owns a gunshop is a grumpy ***!

I think he gave you a clue! :rolleyes:

I don't think you've read the post prperly. WE ARE OPEN.

Also we try to serve everyone who shoots, we have secondhand guns from £600 and offer competitiove finance packages to help people get the gun they want. We sell semi autos and m,atch just cartridges on prices.

Steve Horton

We...match just cartridges on prices.

Steve Horton

To be fair, that's quite a modest claim. What you get with just cartridges is a huge range, and convenience (and good service). It's certainly not cheap though.

Your shops sounds great, mind; though I'm scared to visit, because I'm trying to save (for a new rifle - do you sell rifles?)

It's picking up week on week, although I wouldn't recommend it to restore your faith in humanity is all I can say. Just a snippet from this week that makes me want to scream... A chap emailed us from Scotland "will the Loden Green Breeks match my Jacket" (No pictures attached or detail of what the jacket was). Anyway after a bit of backwards and forwards he sent us a picture of a 20 year old Laksen coat. So we advised that a match is impossible and maybe a contrast colour would look good. Spent an hour and a half offering suggestions and delivering what we think is top notch customer service. He finally made up his mind, then it all went quiet for two days. Did a bit of a chase up and he informed us he bought them elsewhere £4.97 cheaper!! No wonder everyone who owns a gunshop is a grumpy ***!

Ahhh the reality of the retail trade !

Edited by Gunman