golf course permissions

nderfel

i know a lot of you guys have gold course permissions, did you get these in the same way as a normal one, i.e. door knocking or is there more to it than that? Do you need any special insurance or is the standard BSAC cover adequate?

Its something i want to have a crack at as we have a fair amount of courses round here and from what i can see half of them are infested with rabbits

Cheers

Nick

As above a lot of work, you can take 300 rabbits but if you don't get the one the boss sees every morning as he drives it your wasting your time!

But that said some good shooting to be had, and yes its all down to door knocking.

if you can't put the time in or put a team together you can trust then it can be more aggro than its worth.

I have 3 courses and have found It`s best to speak to the head greenkeeper first.

Tell him you overheard some members complaining about the rabbits on the course and the damage they are doing.

Summers a pain as you have to wait until 10pm to start, but winters all good and you can be out just after tea and back before supper.

I have just come back from my golf course permission, I have not a living thing,! Plenty of bits, and pieces , of ducks , moorhens, rabbits and pheasant.

Even a half eaten carp on the 5th,green.

The flaming MINK are back again.

Just keep an eye out ,if you do get a permission for a golf course. If they have social events , as mine does!!! (I have seen some right amorous 'goin on's)

They dont half panic when you let a 32gram 12 gauge , ten yards away.

Seriously though.

Put some signs out , laminated A5 on a stake, Saying "PEST CONTROL" IN PROGESS. In the appropriate places. :good:

I find them great permissions as well, and well worth the hard work. I've always gone about getting them by either going into the professional shop after I've finished playing or ringing them up and saying I've just played and noticed the rabbit damage, do you have anyone that controls them. That way it almost goes above the green keepers head because I've found a lot of them say they either do it themselves or they've got a friend that does. Just personal experience

I Have two Golf courses and i got mine by putting letters out one is mainly rabbits and foxes and the other was Canada geese and foxes the problem is your there very early or very late, im lucky that i managed to clear a big goose problem and help pull the green keepers 4 wheeler out of a ditch when his boy had to much fun, so he now gives me free rain of the place but yes there is a lot of work and hours but worth it, sounds bad but during the floods i was up there nearly all week all day.

Im a greenkeeper and have been for many years as a pest controller myself i understand like many you will never get every last rabbit what the golfers wanna see is a improvement. The main vermin to shoot on golf coseres are rabbits obviously but also crow/rooks these love diggin into greens and tees for leather jackets and foxes they love to poo on everything benches, greens, tee markers you name it. I sometimes in the summer can get a few hours daylight shooting in as on non compertition days golfers are home by half 8 leaving me some valuble daylight hours for young bunnies and crows