Ebay members ? **** Feedback, Why !

Fieldsports

I sell my DVD;s
not just here I use alternative sites.
Yes I advertise on ebay because it has a holding of massive views.
I sell my DVD's, not many mind but I put myself in a category of being honest.
Anyways I will move on !
I sell DVD's as a independent seller that packs all things myself.
I sold a DVD to this member ( barrie 1066 )
Packed and taped all angles and sent recorded delivery
It is impossible for anything to leave the package , honest I am way OTT the way I pack them.
This bloke decided to leave me feedback saying.
*Fast service, except the case was broken and the broken bits were not in package*
Why do some people tell lies ? it is beyond me.
if the buyer contacted me I would of sent another or any parts he was defective.
I can not work this out !
Why not either tell me of a problem and give me the chance to correct it ?

Rant Over ....LOL Sorry

Steve :no:

When you post things it then becomes out of your control. Some people are really particular about things and some people like to moan for the sake of moaning. Blow off some steam and forget about it :)

Your right 100%, But it does not help my standing as far as feedback goes.

I think these people are Vindictive because a simple call or email and I would of rectified the "supposed" problem

Nevermind.

Its the way it is !

Steve

Try contacting eBay Customer Service and explain the position. They will look at his feedback left record and see if he is always doing this. They will also be able to confirm he hasn't tried to contact you via eBay to resolve.

The best you can hope for though is it changed to a neutral

The items I have bought from ebay if there's a problem and i message them and they are willing to help I will always leave good feedback.

John

Yea Just like me, No need to be a ebay neg/neutral feedback kind of guy when the seller will bend over backwards like me.

BUT that's the way it is so ....

all I can say is ... Never mind its happened !

I sold a pair of shoes that were in perfect condition. They complained they were "scuffed" on arrival, this was impossible as they were packaged securely and immaculate. Communication was good and I refunded him right away, even paid extra for his postage costs sending them back, it was only when they returned it became clear the person worn them, perhaps just needed some shoes for an interview or one off occasion or something, and then wanted his money back. And the real cheek was he left me bad feedback. Very frustrating. Ebay did nothing.

Possibly damaged in transit and the broken part was in the packaging. I always inspect packaging before opening and if it is take pictures before opening.

It's tough when your just trying to offer a good honest service.

I am more worried about personal details being cloned when you join e-bay.

I do agree though its the same with other 'ratings'. Once there difficult to remove and some people just seem to do it becuase thats their nature.

There should be better dispute resolution procedures as it can be very unhelpful for proper traders - It does seem to happen to every ebay trader though - I've not seen 1 with 100% customer satisfaction.

I sent the bloke a email
Saying :

"Barrie
I do not think you should of left NEG feedback mate.
If you rang me or mailed me i Would happy correct it.
I kind of trust my packing and after sales service mate.
Sorry you had a problem but any contact from you would of been dealt with.
Just I pride myself on a good service mate and the feedback reflects bad."
I got a reply:
Hi Steve
The end of the case was broken and the broken bit was missing. After a second inspection there was a tear in the end of the envelope so it could have came out in transit. I have watched the dvd and it is first class and has not suffered any damage at all.
Regards Barrie

Original Feedback rating (6-March-2014): iconNeu_16x16.gifNeutral
Original comment: Fast service, except the case was broken and the broken bits were not in package Revised Feedback rating (7-March-2014): iconPos_16x16.gifPositive
Revised comment: This seller was first class and would not have a problem buying from him again!

I suppose he decided to be fair ?
I post quick, pack well and always record items.
Why do buyers pick on me :no:

Least you had it altered for the better.

I know. At least he seemed to see the errors of his ways as to speak.

There is no need to be a **** to people giving them a good service and producing goods they want.

BUT

I suppose some will wake up on a morning and think .....who can I be a **** to today !

Its a shame but it happens.

Thanks Steve

It sounds like damage in transit, could be worse we had a package opened while with ups, contents removed and re sealed that wasa pretty valuable item as well. So it does happen possibly a post office worker wasn't in to ferreting

I had a right idiot buy an expensive item of me a few weeks ago, getting to actually talk to some one at Ebay can be very hard some times, i got them to look at the messages he had sent me, and they bared him from ever buying or contacting me again, he all so had a strike on his account.

Guest rimotu66

Thats the joy of using ebay, mostly people are good but somtimes there are idiots as in all walks of life.

I have used ebay since 2002 and had mainly positive experiances as a buyer and a seller, I did sell a pair of brand new, never even tried on rigging boots once, they went for £8 and the buyer left me nuetral feedback stating the boots where 'so so', figure that one out :lol:

I must admit that I got something once it was only a couple of old car mags from ebay in the US the post was not that cheap so I expected them in a couple of days by airmail after ten days I thought that I had been had so I put some feedback saying that I paid and did not get them well the woman went mad slagging me off tuned out that they was sent by sea and it took about two weeks for them to arrive but it was to late to do anything about it then ever since that day I only put good feedback or nothing.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Ebay has become less balanced over last 12 months imo, and leans too much to buyer (seller can't leave anything other than positive feedback and some buyers are very unreasonable in my experience!) Only stays 12 months I think and I wouldnt worry most people know you cant always have a perfect record and wont prevent me from buying off someone if they have odd neutral feedback.

Next time you advertise on eVil bay state in your Ad you value your 100% feedback and Value your own honesty any issues are to be sent direct to you before leaving negative feedback!!! you operate a 5 star rating system and you will leave 100% 5 star feedback in the same way put the normal bull poo in they all love to read i will happily try TRY & Resolve any issues

Never leave Feedback till they have left it for you!!! it works for Me :good: and still running 100% feedback all the best and good luck