CPSA name Change AGM Proxy Vote Info

Madcowz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Phil said in the latest issue of Pull that most people were in favour of it and he had only had 20 people contact him against the proposal.

Thought that was a bit fishy, as 3 people on this forum alone had said they had contacted the CPSA about it.

Please let common sense prevail on this.

MC,

Perhaps there's a plan to bus in loads of Northern Brain Dead DTL shooters on the promise of a free barrel of beer..?? :good:

Cat.

Some links to views and opinions on the various sites:

http://www.cpsa.co.uk/county/northamptonsh...&NLID=59384

http://www.claysporting.com/index.php?name...topic&t=166

http://www.claysporting.com/index.php?name...wtopic&t=36

From claysporting.com:

"News has just reached me that the word coming out of CPSA HQ is that the name change WILL NOT go through. Proxys sent in by post have so far have been overwhelmingly in favour of keeping the name to CPSA.

Apparentley my sources say that it is almost 3-1 against the proposal, here I do add a note of caution as would it suprise anyone that this may reverse physcology. Tell people that no way will it go through and all of a sudden a couple of hundred people don't bother going and bang it goes through.

In the event of the above happening, I would not rejoice in a so called victory because as an organisation we have fought no anti lobby group just our own board who started this stupid proposal in the first place.

How much time and money etc has been wasted already, checking the bins outside HQ might be a good idea on Monday morning.

For me the arrogance shown by Boakes and Blainey has been incredible throughout this and its about time they started to realise who pays the wages, again I say they must go and now.

I think they will try and smooth this out just to save their necks but it will be too little too late for me.

PSST - want to buy some CTSA polo shirts, great for doing dirty work in."

Is anyone from here actually going and able to take proxies?

I phoned the CPSA yesterday, to enquire about poxy voting and was told that, I needed to have registered my poxy voters details seven days before the AGM. So no use if you haven't registered.

I must admit to having a chuckle to myself as I filled in the proxy form, voting against the change, using Phil Boakes as my proxy.....I'm sure I won't be the only one that takes pleasure in using him to vote against his baby. :lol:

BTW if this change goes through I, for one, will be protesting with my feet......I really don't believe that the majority of the CPSA membership want this change. <_<

I must admit to having a chuckle to myself as I filled in the proxy form, voting against the change, using Phil Boakes as my proxy.....I'm sure I won't be the only one that takes pleasure in using him to vote against his baby

And there was me thinking I was the only one who thought that way!

/Mad