Beretta A400 Xplor Light.

browning123

I purchased a Beretta A400 12g Xplor Light with 26" barrel secondhand some time ago, Due to health reasons I had not had a chance to try the gun untill yesterday evening on woodpigeon flighting.

My bag was 19 pigeon with 23 shots, the Beretta handled brilliantly, using 32g No6 there was very little recoil and killed very well. All the pigeon were shot flying overhead above Fir trees.

To say I'm pleased with the gun is an under-statement, Are there any other members who own a Beretta A400 Xplor light would like to post their views on the gun.

Edited by browning123

I bought on two years back and its the only 12g I have as its the only one that hits what I'm looking at I did have a silver pigeon o/u but love the A400....mine has the kick off so it recoiles like a cap gun ......

I also sold a Silver Pigeon 1 as i did not shoot well with it, this was after persevering for two years. I have owned a number of Beretta u/o's over the years and never shoot well with them.

I've got one, and I love it. Prefer it to my old AL391. Slightly surprised it doesn't seem to have a bigger following. Although, thinking about it, the Maxus and SX3 are a good bit cheaper and probably just as good. But they're NOT Berettas!

I love the weight, or more accurately, lack of. Good quality finish and machining, apart from a little rough spot on the bolt.