Enzo Trapper blades

Graham M

Really nice blades, consistent, sharp out of the packet.

They are machine-, rather than hand-made, which is reflected in the price.

I used one of the Enzo Nordic blades to make a knife for No 1 son, and it has been most satisfactory.

Brisa also have scales and bolsters for the Enzo range, so if you're buying a blade from there, look at the other bits as well - you may save something on postage.

Cheers lads. The one I sent for is D2 steel and I have already sent for those Lignum Vitea pieces, so will post a piccie in a couple of weeks (hopefully)

Halfbee, I like that brass detail and will be using that myself.

Just as an aside if anyone needs brass etc have a look at this chap. He will send as much or as little as you want. Don't know about postage as he only lives a couple of miles away and I simply phone him up and call round for my stuff.

http://www.mallardmetals.co.uk/index.htm

G.M.

Yeah I have used the enzo blades and found them to be very good. Have taken to the scandi grind but found in use that the 01 steel can be brittle and break at the edge ( when sharpened to scary sharp) the d2 edge is a better all round materiel. Bought myself an enzo folder from brisa... Outstanding edc knife for home or field. Currently on with 2 trappers and one of the smaller same style blades (elver I think it's called about 85mm blade)

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by jeffjjack

If you look carefully it has light green feathering, although it was more pronounced prior to fitting.

I was able to plane the one side and clean with acetone before epoxying the liners in place, but then everything had to be filed and shaped with rough oxide paper.

It really is strange wood to work with and appears to form a floury mess whilst you are sanding it, but it finishes very well with oil and a soft polishing mop.

I soaked the outside with ordinary boiled linseed and then polished it as though I was polishing the brass, and it worked very well as the oil dried almost immediately and left a very good surface.

The wood looked more like this at the start http://www.rarewoodsandveneers.com/images/productimages/rarewood/Guaiacum%20sanctum,%20Lignum%20Vitae,%20Costa%20Rica.jpg

A little bit disappointed that the grain lost a little something as it was cut, but it should be hard wearing.

G.M.