What powder

Just made a 38mm rubber bullet gun this is not on Fac what powder should I use for the cartridges they weigh 2 oz

It's not on Fac because it's not a lethal barrelled weapon it's not designed to kill just smart a little on naughty boys who play football on my front garden

All replies today only thanks

Deershooter

40mm would have been better as it complies with EC directive 0104365.

38mm is the metrication of the old imperial 1 1/2"...& the inch system was withdrawn as it made Frenchmen too self conscious & French women too keen to make friends with passing foreign soldiers. ..it's also why the EC went to the kilogram, as the Pound could also be used as a verb.

As to powder: try ground up copies of the Daily Mail mixed into a paste with some lighter fuel and a little cinnamon for flavour. Best ignited at arms length; by female relatives on the wifes side of the family. If there's a choice, one could volunteer to look down the barrel to make sure its not blocked

Make sure to take photos

I made something like this a while back so that i didn't have to get off the couch to tell the kids off and as I couldn't find any load data I just mixed all the powder I had together along with some black and filled it right up, the trick I found was to use a heavy crimp to get all that powder burning nicely before the bullet was on its way.