Shed broken in to.

daz2202

They did my grandparents place 3 times about 15 years ago. I was in the middle of nowhere on a mountain side each Friday they went down to the cattle market for stuff. Fourth week one of the lads off the farm drove Gran down to the market grandad stayed in the panty with a 12 bore and a shotless cartridge (homemade blank) as they opened the back door he open the pantry door asked if the they where lost. They ran a mile, as the police came up the hill to respond they found them trying to leg it but one had cut himself up on the national trust fence !!! Your nicked match the finger print to a load of break ins. They never mentioned to shotgun in their report.

trouble is by law you have to warn people you are recording ,

I am not 100% on the law, however doesn't just a humble "CCTV In Action" sign suffice to fair warning?

At the sailing club I belong to we watched clear as day on cctv a thief going through our bags in the changing room whilst out on a club race and nobody was in the clubhouse (Which was locked) however we couldn't prosecute the thief (Even though we and the police knew him) as there wasn't a warning sign that CCTV was in operation.

I am not 100% on the law, however doesn't just a humble "CCTV In Action" sign suffice to fair warning?

At the sailing club I belong to we watched clear as day on cctv a thief going through our bags in the changing room whilst out on a club race and nobody was in the clubhouse (Which was locked) however we couldn't prosecute the thief (Even though we and the police knew him) as there wasn't a warning sign that CCTV was in operation.

Are still photos the same as CCTV?

There are plenty of cheap gsm alarms that work from a SIM card on flea bay, they take a photo and alert you by text

Edited by Twistedsanity

we have the maplins 4 camera cctv set up, we have the talking camera too, we have multiple signs up telling people, we have guns and bikes and lots of sheds, lots of houses near us have been done, but so far, never us,

Nice!

I took advice off here and have a couple of locks on my doors each end of house plus a 'bolt' lock too. Simple, but you can't open it from the outside or anything such like. Windows I have 2 locks on downstairs and security lights outside. Don't even keep my guns at home, but have even more precious cargo (Kids) and the local scum have been through a spate of burglaries.

Aldi are doing CCTV stuff at the moment!

Sounds like you have your gaff protected now,problem is the scumbags have seen what you have and will probably return.Horrible feeling knowing a thief has invaded,but im a strong believer in"what goes around comes around",hopefully your time will come to have a word with the offender :yes:

Sounds like you have your gaff protected now,problem is the scumbags have seen what you have and will probably return.Horrible feeling knowing a thief has invaded,but im a strong believer in"what goes around comes around",hopefully your time will come to have a word with the offender :yes:

Perhaps the OP should put anything expensive from the shed into the house or temp storage somewhere else and fill the boxes with rubbish... That'll wind them up!

A colleague of mine on a business trip carried a wallet in his back pocket with a note in a few different languages saying "haha, wrong wallet" and a few trips later got pick pocketed in a busy place. Always wonder what their reaction would have been.

Boot sale season is upon us. Sister in law lives about 1/2 mile from us eight houses in her road were done last week, police say it's Eastern Europeans but they can't catch them.

You wouldn't want to catch them at it, they are worse than ******, they'll be armed and they won't mess about, you'll be needing an ambulance.

A mate owns a carp pond, last couple of years the no of fish reduced dramatically so, he put up a CCTV IR Camera, guess what ten/twelve of them night after night were dead lining the pond and he confronted them and got a good hiding- police couldn't catch them. Now, the place is floodlit, on police response and it seems to have done the trick