how much water

snow white

Hi lads how much do you pay for water myself and my wife live on a farm in two bed cottage witch we rent of farmer we have a washing machine that we use four times a week have a shower every day and of corse a toilet how much do you think we.should pay.thanks for looking

Sorry private supply put on by farmer

then its up to him, its not as cheap as you might think and he has hoops to jump through legally on testing etc under these circumstances. chances are that has been "conveniently overlooked" but ask yourself the question do you want to fall out with the landlord? You can always vote with your feet and do you want to be forced into such actions at this stage through ill will?

I had to build a pump house which cost a pretty penny, I have filters and plant to maintain as well as an old type septic tank that at some time I will likely need to replace with a reed-bed or modern tank, Lord knows how much I have spent on replacing alkathane pipe just around the grounds and I still have about 800 yards across the fields still in the old black stuff with quite a few joints and an old stone header tank to think about. own water supply does not always mean free because it falls from the sky.

i rent a cottage on a farm we have a soakaway , farmers suppies water free ......................................................................................................oh and me rent is £ 50 a week . get to shoot on his land, metal detect it, get the fallen trees for the stove.. the way he looks at it any thing need doing to the house i sort myself we are an extra set of eyes and ears around the place .

i rent a cottage on a farm we have a soakaway , farmers suppies water free ......................................................................................................oh and me rent is £ 50 a week . get to shoot on his land, metal detect it, get the fallen trees for the stove.. the way he looks at it any thing need doing to the house i sort myself we are an extra set of eyes and ears around the place .

Sounds lucky but nobody can expect this. I know a guy who gets a small rent and a cracking hourly fee for anything he deems needs doing on his rented house or the estate itself. Literally this includes mowing his own lawn or cleaning the windows! its possible for him to draw a profit rather than pay anything but this cannot work for all

Your water rates normally include sewerage and all the other stuff involved,

Have you a sceptic tank?

If so who pays for that to be emptied?

I pay £5 per month (metered Northumberland)

But don't expect to pay as little as that,

:shaun:

£5 a month! Does that include the sewerage charges? If so can you tell me what water you use and how often please?

I pay about £32 per month in Northumbria without a meter! 2 bed property.

Washing machine A rated and used three times a week!

Hand wash dishes

Bath

Would be interesting to see if I could save nearly half my yearly bills!

Is the farmer on a meter? If he is and is supplying you from a tapped off supply then you could fit one of these where the supply enters your property. Then you could take a monthly reading and give him what you owe. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221408355482

I'd he is on rates then ive got no idea!!

Edited by FatherandSon

£5 a month! Does that include the sewerage charges? If so can you tell me what water you use and how often please?

I pay about £32 per month in Northumbria without a meter! 2 bed property.

Washing machine A rated and used three times a week!

Hand wash dishes

Bath

Would be interesting to see if I could save nearly half my yearly bills!

Right.....

I used to be unmetered and paid around £27 per month

I thought it was high

2 bed Tce me on my own, usual showers, (dont use a bath) washing machine once a week

So I opted to go on a meter (knowing if it didnt work out I had 12 months to to reject it

They set my tariff at £17 per month

they then found I was overpaying by quite a bit

So they have reduced it to £5.42

Below is my bill......if you can follow it

yes it includes sewerage and hand washing dishes

Bill2_zpsda67e169.jpg

Bill_zps08999c1f.jpg

Forgot to add

If you go to Northumbria waters web site there is a calculator of what you use on an average week and it tells you what you should be paying on a meter

Right.....

I used to be unmetered and paid around £27 per month

I thought it was high

2 bed Tce me on my own, usual showers, (dont use a bath) washing machine once a week

So I opted to go on a meter (knowing if it didnt work out I had 12 months to to reject it

They set my tariff at £17 per month

they then found I was overpaying by quite a bit

So they have reduced it to £5.42

Below is my bill......if you can follow it

yes it includes sewerage and hand washing dishes

Bill2_zpsda67e169.jpg

Bill_zps08999c1f.jpg

Forgot to add

If you go to Northumbria waters web site there is a calculator of what you use on an average week and it tells you what you should be paying on a meter

Thanks Shaun!

There's laws now around re selling of water - google it. Landlords are held to fairly strong set of rules.

I went to small claims court mediation over water and electric - walked away paying nothing as the landlord hadn't followed the rules.

Access to meters, average pricing, clear billing - it's very much in tenents favour.

I'm in almost exactly the same position and set up as the original poster, except there is no Mrs Longchalk (sniff!) and metered on Anglian Waters So-Lo tarriff I'm paying £13 month, but that covers me for extensive hose pipe usage during the summer as well, leaving a small annual payment surplus.

Edited by Longchalk