looks a bit wet out there...

steveyg

Had a call in the week,saying there was a few about around some peas drilled around a week ago. This perm is a two hour round trip so don't get there to often. I said I would go this morning...not rushing however said I would go and have a look... so I will..could be a morning with coffee and radio on in the car.

hey ho..might just get a couple of shots in between showers...beats lying in bed and a fry up at 10am I suppose.. :lol:

How lucky was I....

Got half way there and the sun came out.. B)

Never had a decent bag on this perm however now that I have a 4x4 I can get access to a couple of fields with peas on them.

Set up under a big oak tree as this might have given a little cover for when the heavens opened..it did look like it was going to pour down around 9am however the wind kept blowing and it stayed dry...result.

Very few pigeons about however a few corvids showed some interest. I was shooting well and had 6 from 8 shots then a pigeon showed up and I panicked...missed with both barrels :lol:

Had a coffee and gave myself a right ####ing.. :oops:

the wind really came up and the few pigeons that were about were flying very fast,my next two shots put a right big smile on my face...two shots/two pigeons...both very challenging shots..nice one

finished the day on 15 from 32 shots...thats a cracking ratio for me

3 pigeons

6 rooks

6 jack Dors

just started loading the 4x4 and the heavens opened big time

farmer was well happy...really pleased I made the effort,not the biggest bag but probably the best I have ever shot... :yahoo: