shock of a life time

ellie

hi all,just got back from walking the land i shoot,anyway ive been watching this fox for 2 days catching baby rabbits,so standing about 10feet away from this old tree rolling a fag then i seen it coming my way then it went into the wood so i started to whistle it in,then out of the corner of my eye i seen something heading my way,to my surprise it landed on my back,**** what is it?well lads it was a lovely barn owl that came out of the tree[how about that]did not get the fox ha

I love those sort of moments. Never had an owl land on me, but a fair few robins, blackbirds and bluetits have landed on barrel while I've been waiting for foxes. A friend of mine lost a hat to a bird of prey that tried landing on his head once.

had them on the foreshore give them a squeak amazing to see wheel around feet from you looking, always go home happy seeing

them around.

ive stood next to this tree for many years mate,ive seen owl troppings but never looked in the hole but now iam clad i didnt,dont want to disturb it

I was fishing as a kid and had just put my rod on the rest, when a kingfisher landed on my rod, l kept stock still and watched it watching me, it hopped about, then dived into the river, popped out and onto my rod with a minnow in its beak, it battered the minnow on the rod, gulped it down, then flew off.

Brilliant moment.