Do you really want this lot

Fisherman Mike

can somebody clarify because i may have misunderstood whats been said in these many pages of posts, if ukip's proposed mep's get in they will vote on nothing and do nothing and the idea is to mess it up for the eu?

if so its a great job get paid to do nothing :lol:

Of course they vote. They vote against measures where they feel the EP has no business legislating or which they believe are harmful to Britain's national interest and (usually in cooperation with groups of parties from other member states who share their opposition to the single state - which are many and increasing) they will propose or vote for measures whereby they hope to curtail EU infringement of national sovereignty. They don't sit there blowing raspberries refusing to get involved like disruptive children at the back of the class. That is a complete myth. In fact Nigel Farage is one of the EP's most regular speakers.

Edited by Gimlet

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ show me where I have directed this so say personal vitriol to a fellow poster directly on this thread and I will send him an unreserved apology...Rhetoric, banter and innuendo are all fair in politics, love and war.

I thought you UKIP lot had broad shoulders. :yes:

We do indeed have broad shoulders, which is, I suspect, why the support for the party has grown immeasurably since the LibLabCon and their media chums have been trying to dig the dirt on UKIP...as opposed to actually dealing with people's concerns.

You will notice I never claimed it was you who had played the race card Mike, but it is mentioned in this thread, you can't deny that. Oh, and you did refer to UKIP as a "racist neo fascist party" in post #113, which although wasn't directly aimed at any particular individual on here, assumed that by association only racist neo fascists would vote for such a party, including those on here.

I don't doubt there will be a large majority for UKIP in the Euro elections but it will be superfluous and merely a kick in the backside for the two main parties who can really instigate change in Europe.

The two 'main' parties don't want change in the EU, and even if they did they can't change anything. That's the problem.

We're being led into a European superstate, where ultimately all control will come from Brussels and Strasbourg.

That may be what you want...but it's certainly not for me, not now, not ever.

Essentially yes because in the scheme of things they will be alienated and impotent.

I don't doubt there will be a large majority for UKIP in the Euro elections but it will be superfluous and merely a kick in the backside for the two main parties who can really instigate change in Europe.

All that's going to happen is that we will have a majority of elected UKIP MEP,s that the rest of the parliaments representative's resent and we will never win Eurovision ever again. :no::sad1:

Main parties that can instigate change in europe,i wouldn't trust some of them with a change of clothes,lets face it they are so media aware and risk averse now that they do nothing that will be controversial or rock the boat,how do you think they can instigate change when they have been doing a futile job for the last 40 years,stop kidding yourself they have very little power within the eu.

As for eurovision,we should get a good old boom bang a bang song going and we will walk it. :good:

i can never understand why we dont win eurovision every year, we produce many of the best musicians in the world i can only assume we dont write good eurocrap

It is simply because of the voting system,a lot vote for their neighbours and none vote for us as we are seen to be a country that meddles in other countries,and to be honest we are not that liked in europe.

Here you go again woodie lording it over me,how strange that you say they are lovely pictures but then go on to say "I don't think anyone would describe Pembroke Dock as being a nice place to live" yet one of those pictures is in Pembroke Dock,and how strange that the Queen visited our "not nice place to live" only the other week,and this week HMS Pembroke popped in and the Royal Marine band were here for the day,strange how many people want to visit Pembroke Dock,you forget that this is no ordinary port,this was one of the Royal Dockyards,and is still.this Port has been used by the greatest,and the buildings are listed buildings,Sunderlands flew from here and there is a huge heritage.

​And for the geeks among you the millennium falcon was made in one of the hangers that originally housed the flying boats.

Why are you so condescending to people and the places they live?I note that you only put your county,and if we want to start talking about grim there are places in your county that are worthy of the term,where exactly do you live?

Any way i digress, Back to Ukip,they will get the vote on the upcoming elections and the common man will be heard,people like yourself who seem to be out of touch with the common man can bleat all you want but the will of the people will out.Normal service will not be resumed and politics are changing,if you are a political dinosaur then you will become extinct.People should have the right to vote for anyone they chose, and no one should have a place in politics unless they have been voted there by the people,and that is what will happen in these elections, the people will vote,and they will be heard.

Another nice picture for you from the "grim" Royal dockyard,taken on Wednesday,as you can see it was a "grim" day, only about a thousand people were there,but then a lot were at the beaches,or just sitting outside enjoying the view.

_MG_4637-L.jpg

I am sorry that you are unable to take the SPIRIT of my e-mail - it was meant to be friendly and I hope if you read it again, you may think so as well.

I meant what I said about the photographs that you posted before - the scenery is stunning - dockyards & ports can be grim but I guess if they are now being enhanced for their heritage - I have seen Portsmouth recently and Chatham and the one on Sheppey - Sheerness? are also much improved.

Closer to home, the port of Belfast is being transformed - not yet to the standards of London, but we are making progress.... HMS Caroline [WW I cruiser] is being restored to its former glory - the Nomadic [tender to the Titanic] has been restored and we have a world class visitor centre in Titanic Belfast, which attracted over 1 million visitors in the first 15th months of opening and is now running at around 800,000 per year.

I am surprised by your use of the word "common man" - that is rather old fashioned and I take the view that all men are equal, unless prove otherwise. Shooting is a great leveller and a very democratic sport and a perfect example of that......

The Band of HM Royal Marines is always a sight to behold

So whilst I disagree with you on your views on UKIP, I am sure there are many things on which you and I would agree - I hope you will take these comments in the way that they are intended - if not, I will leave it at that [huge sigh of relief all round] - and yes we have got to 13 pages!

I am sorry that you are unable to take the SPIRIT of my e-mail - it was meant to be friendly and I hope if you read it again, you may think so as well.

I meant what I said about the photographs that you posted before - the scenery is stunning - dockyards & ports can be grim but I guess if they are now being enhanced for their heritage - I have seen Portsmouth recently and Chatham and the one on Sheppey - Sheerness? are also much improved.

Closer to home, the port of Belfast is being transformed - not yet to the standards of London, but we are making progress.... HMS Caroline [WW I cruiser] is being restored to its former glory - the Nomadic [tender to the Titanic] has been restored and we have a world class visitor centre in Titanic Belfast, which attracted over 1 million visitors in the first 15th months of opening and is now running at around 800,000 per year.

I am surprised by your use of the word "common man" - that is rather old fashioned and I take the view that all men are equal, unless prove otherwise. Shooting is a great leveller and a very democratic sport and a perfect example of that......

The Band of HM Royal Marines is always a sight to behold

So whilst I disagree with you on your views on UKIP, I am sure there are many things on which you and I would agree - I hope you will take these comments in the way that they are intended - if not, I will leave it at that [huge sigh of relief all round] - and yes we have got to 13 pages!

Woodcock 11 ,I appreciate your last post and the spirit in which it was posted,and i accept there was no malice intended in your last posts..

I used the word common man to distinguish against our parliamentarians who seem to be in their own bubble and no longer engage with the "common" man,but rely on spin and empty promises.

Lets get back to the matter in hand, and that is you voting for UKIP,you know it makes sense.

And please stay,we need you and FM to get to the holy of grails 16 pages.

i wonder what will happen if ukip fail to get this massive landslide in the euro's would be hard to recover from that.

I'm not sure there's a massive landslide predicted?

It seems fairly close with Labour at the moment.

What is important is that the future of this country, and it's relationship with Europe is finally in the spotlight and is, begrudgingly, being discussed by the three established parties.

Bear in mind it's taken a party of neo fascist, swivel eyed loons to bring about this change, and if it wasn't for UKIP and their associated fruitcakes, the vast majority of the British public would be none the wiser as to what the EU actually does, and where it's headed.

Which is exactly what the established parties wanted...and the reason they all hate us so much.

there is in the mind of the average ukip supporter

The average ukip supporter just wants to register their disdain at the main parties and get out of the eu,one mep or a dozen it matters not,as long as it keeps the other parties thinking about what the people want.

there is in the mind of the average ukip supporter, failure to get a good result in the euro's would show they have no hope in the general to many

Are you for real? its not about the general election, its about getting the treacherous self interested PC idiots in charge now, to actually do the job they were elected for IE to actually represent, if you still want to carry on being royally reamed by a bunch who make a Colombian drug gang look honorable, that's up to you, I want out of Europe, out of this PC cotton wool wrapped nightmare, and back to a Britain that celebrated its identity, was allowed to raise the flag, and allowed me the right to say sorry lads as much as we understand your desire to come here you dont really offer us enough, and we must look after our own first, oh and also have the right to actually turf out those who come wanting our security and shelter yet are so willing to turn against us and also want us to conform to them rather than the other way round.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Are you for real? its not about the general election, its about getting the treacherous self interested PC idiots in charge now, to actually do the job they were elected for IE to actually represent, if you still want to carry on being royally reamed by a bunch who make a Colombian drug gang look honorable, that's up to you, I want out of Europe, out of this PC cotton wool wrapped nightmare, and back to a Britain that celebrated its identity, was allowed to raise the flag, and allowed me the right to say sorry lads as much as we understand your desire to come here you dont really offer us enough, and we must look after our own first, oh and also have the right to actually turf out those who come wanting our security and shelter yet are so willing to turn against us and also want us to conform to them rather than the other way round.

yeah im for real :lol: like i said there will be tears from the hardcore if ukip fail to perform on the 22nd. think i may have mentioned before im not keen on the eu either

KW

Not convinced that UKIP are the right lot KW, but agree with a lot of what you say.

KW

:lol: Well no one could accuse you of being melodramatic Kdu. :no::lol:

Not convinced that UKIP are the right lot KW, but agree with a lot of what you say.

Right now, there is no other lot. I for one will not plough on voting with bone-headed tribal loyalty for the same old shysters who have insulted my intelligence and done so much damage to my country while I wait for some dream party to materialise. I will vote for the party which shares my priorities and is prepared to represent them, however imperfectly. And right now, that is Ukip.

KW

:good:

Couldn't have put it better.

there is in the mind of the average ukip supporter, failure to get a good result in the euro's would show they have no hope in the general to many

The 'average' UKIP supporter?

Can you elaborate on what you think the 'average' UKIP supporter is like? I'm genuinely interested.

Well for once in my local council elections, i will be voting lib-dem. When i asked them all about shooting, he was teh only one that came back and when i had some issues with lack of road sweepers and gritting, he got it sorted.

Nationally, still undecided...

The 'average' UKIP supporter?

Can you elaborate on what you think the 'average' UKIP supporter is like? I'm genuinely interested.

if they are anything like Nigel and the rest of the kippers, misogynistic, xenophobic, homophobic?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2630393/Nigel-Farage-challenged-LBC-expenses-racism-Ukip-candidate-wants-shoot-poofs-car-crash-interview-halted-spin-doctor-live-air.html

I'm sorry did you just sweepingly call all the people on here supporting Ukip misogynistic, xenophobic and homophobic?

I asked my darling wife and she said i was not,

I was born in Iserlohn, Germany,love France, and pop over there at any opportunity and tolerate people from england who seem to think they can stereotype the Welsh.I don't care about your country of origin i will make my own opinion as to your character.

I just asked my son if i was homophobic,apparently not.

You should look into the mirror,it is you with preconceived ideas that seems to stereotype people with sweeping and innacurate statements

And i will be voting for UKIP.

Woodcock 11 ,I appreciate your last post and the spirit in which it was posted,and i accept there was no malice intended in your last posts..

I used the word common man to distinguish against our parliamentarians who seem to be in their own bubble and no longer engage with the "common" man,but rely on spin and empty promises.

Lets get back to the matter in hand, and that is you voting for UKIP,you know it makes sense.

And please stay,we need you and FM to get to the holy of grails 16 pages.

Hi and good evening again Welsh 1 - WOW that is good news

I am very, very happy that we have got things back on to an even keel - I will do all that I can to get us to 16 pages - it has been a good [in the main] experience so far.

Since my last post, I have been thinking more about WALES and all that is good about the principality

1. I still think that Holyhead is a dump [sorry] however the Isle of Anglesey generally is stunning

2.I have spent many times there with family who lived there on the sea [literally] at Penrhos and in particular have fond memories of Rhosneigr and Treardurr Bay - the view in on the ferry from Dun Laoghaire or Dublin Port is stunning - also a win-win moment at I think Newborough Beach when we saw a car parked with anti field sports stickers in the window - I happened to have some Countryside Alliance leaflets and stickers with me which I discretely place on that car

3. I have had the great good fortune to be invited to a driven shoot in mid Wales twice [Nantyr & Croggan] - fantastic shooting, great scenery - what more could one want?

I have also been thinking more about your comment on NORTHERN IRELAND and about the bad bits. OK, I think that in County Down we are very fortunate - largely rural with plenty of coast line and the Mourne Mountains in the South - the fields are not over large, we can grow grass in spades, which is great for dairy cows, beef cattle & sheep but we are not in a great place for growing cereals - too wet and not enough sunshine and warmth.

The border areas were kind of tricky for many years not only in Down but also in Armagh & Fermanagh - many on P/W who served in the forces [incl me] will know about that, which was a pity as the countryside is outstandingly beautiful and for those that fish for wild brown trout, the opportunities in loughs and rivers were superb- thankfully and thanks to progress, that is now all in the past and we can enjoy that again.

Otherwise, I believe that we enjoy a very good quality of life - there are no areas of abject poverty and no signs of industrial decline [ we did not suffer for example form the decimation of the coal industry]. We have benefitted hugely from EU and US money to get us back on an even keel and to learn to love each other [hence why others may think that we rather unfashionably like the US and the European Union] I guess that is why we tend to differ from you guys across the water -we now have at least a chance for peace and reconciliation [after 30 years of close to Civil War] and so we do truly appreciate the support that the EU has given us -at the same time, it has done such a lot for our cousins in the Irish Republic and has enabled them to interact with Britain with much more confidence. I know from speaking with friends & family in England, Wales & Scotland that it is hard for them to understand but we are so mightily thankful for that support.

Your photo of the band of HM Royal Marines at Pembroke Dock brought back some good memories as well - they did a very successful tour in County Fermanagh in I think it was 1991/2 - very appropriate as they has assault ribs on Lough Erne - and the band came and played to huge acclaim in Enniskillen.

So and as you will guess, I enjoy and truly appreciate the repartee between us and if FM & I can help all of our causes to get to 16 pages [please elucidate on the Holy Grail aspect - will that be a record if the Mods do not pull the plug].

However, I am sorry but I cannot see any reason for changing my mind and voting for UKIP - I do not honestly think that you will be surprised by that but it will be largely irrelevant here in NI - we have a plethora of parties & candidates standing apart from UKIP and some of them make Nige and his followers [almost but not quite] plausible

Here we go

http://tuv.org.uk/

They are true nutcases.....

All the very best and good evening