Do you really want this lot

Fisherman Mike

One good thing I think that UKIP have helped bring to the public conscience is how political correctness is allowed to get in the way of talking about reality.

In some cases there are minority groups who cause the majority of an area's problems, but we are not allowed to say that in case the minority feels persecuted. Unfortunately when people do make public comments about such things then every yahoo with an agenda wants to jump on the back of it.

An example would be that there is hard and fast evidence of higher crime rates associated with the Romani people, it is a major problem in Italy. That does not mean that all Romani people are criminals, far from it, but sadly there does seem to be a severe lack of people being able to recognise that. People react to tabloid headlines or soundbites.

To prevent the potential of persecution we dilute everything down to the point we can't talk about it openly in public facing media. Sadly I think this results in people forming even stronger and sometimes unbalanced opinions as there is no real opportunity to have reasoned discussion.

My hope is that if there is a very strong showing for UKIP from these elections it will make the debate much more open and honest. Still not voting for them though :)

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can assumption, yes UKIP would have to be taken into account in the above mentioned equation, and just because our economy is allegedly recovering it does not mean UKIP had any part of it, they may have had a serious negative effect and our economy could have been recovering even faster without them!

I am not putting a case for or against them, just saying, that's all!

I accept what you are saying, but you would need an equation to disprove my theory :good:

If you were a mathematician writing an equation on the recovery UKIP MEP's would have to be part of that equation,no matter how indirect they were part of the system in place at the time,and as there is no negative effect(people say we are recovering)it must be a positive effect to have UKIP MEP's.(feel free to correct my o level maths :lol: )

Logic,can be strange at times. :good:

I will correct you, there are 2 principals to consider, 1 correlation is NOT causation and 2 equations simplify real-life situations by only including directly relevant information so certain assumptions are made and certain tolerances are allowed - I would say the effect the UKIP MEPs would have on the recovery would be somewhere around + or - 0.01%, so thanks Nige for all of your hard work turning up sometimes.

I will correct you, there are 2 principals to consider, 1 correlation is NOT causation and 2 equations simplify real-life situations by only including directly relevant information so certain assumptions are made and certain tolerances are allowed - I would say the effect the UKIP MEPs would have on the recovery would be somewhere around + or - 0.01%, so thanks Nige for all of your hard work turning up sometimes.

I have to agree with you on both points, but, where there is causation there is likely to be correlation and correlation is used when inferring causation.

Now if you want to ask me anything else you will have to make it simple,as i said O level maths,and now my little brain is hurting.

So lets keep it simple,lets all vote for UKIP it won't cause your chickens to stop laying, and there is no guarantee it will make you any better with the ladies but you know you will have done the right thing and you will have a warm feeling inside :good::lol:

That’s because most of the Cons and Lab Voters are in Employment and at work rather than roaming the high street and congregating on street corners. :lol::lol:

Another sweepingly inaccurate generalisation, have you considered becoming a press agent for the unrepresentative lying toe ragging labconlib pillocks,you would do well,of all of my friends associates and obviously work mates are employed, all have had enough of your roll over let us ream you politics, all are voting ukip, in fact I myself have been quite surprised at the amount of ukip posters placed in the windows around here.seems its sweaty nads time for you and the rest of the wooly coated mindless same as brigade.

KW

That’s because most of the Cons and Lab Voters are in Employment and at work rather than roaming the high street and congregating on street corners. :lol::lol:

Ah, that'll be the reason then. :yes:

Only 38% hanging around street corners in your part of the world though Mike. Still it's 13% more than the Tories, I'm sure you'll settle for that? :whistling:

Another sweepingly inaccurate generalisation, have you considered becoming a press agent for the unrepresentative lying toe ragging labconlib pillocks,you would do well,of all of my friends associates and obviously work mates are employed, all have had enough of your roll over let us ream you politics, all are voting ukip, in fact I myself have been quite surprised at the amount of ukip posters placed in the windows around here.seems its sweaty nads time for you and the rest of the wooly coated mindless same as brigade.

KW

I will draw your attention to the two (yes, two) laughing smileys that suggest it was a joke - which is a comical device for bringing forth mirth, in case you were unaware. :good:

I will draw your attention to the two (yes, two) laughing smileys that suggest it was a joke - which is a comical device for bringing forth mirth, in case you were unaware. :good:

we will have a laugh Thursday mate

KW

we will have a laugh Thursday mate

KW

I still haven't worked out why???

Personally, I will be happy (I may not actually laugh though) the day we get a decent discussion and referendum on our relationship with the EU, and not when some third-rate political showman pointlessly wins some seats that they have no intention of using other than as a political statement.

KW

Cor lighten up KDU..I obviously struck a raw nerve there..... I thought you UKIP hard-core were above all that mudslinging name calling antics....obviously UKIP and its members are just the same as the rest.

Mindless ? :lol: If the cap fits mate !

I'm not sweating...to be honest I couldn't give a toss if UKIP win control of the UKs interests in the EU...it wont affect me one jot...I'm alright jack, which after all is the fundamental doctrine of the UKIP manifesto ( I must be a closet UKIP supporter) so don't kid yourself that there is going to be wholesale and sweeping changes for the good of anyone except those elected UKIP members who can draw on my vast tax contributions to swell their own pockets.

I know there's strong resentment of anything foreign up there in monkey hanger land but one day you will have to come to terms with that stigma. :yes::whistling:

Theres a lot of lemmings around this way too and a lot of posters.

post-427-0-63135300-1400517993_thumb.jpg

Just watched Nigel wriggling under scrutiny on BBC1 :lol:

He was probably still tired eh?

Funny I never saw him squirm ? I saw him answer the questions,questions that were put in a hostile and provocative manner its probably the fact that he answered them which was the bit that confused you.

What he said re the crime gangs and % of crime across the EU was right, when he said we should be concerned about them and where they lived was right, and when he said we should not let the gangs in he was also right, if you feel those comments are inflammatory or in some way racist then I would suggest your view of the world and reality is extremely narrow, and may I also suggest a view that is NOT seen by the majority.

KW

Edited by kdubya

I am not a UKIP supporter but i thought the BBC report was a bit pointed with an agenda.

I think it is a real problem in our society when we cannot debate the truth without sensationalised sound bites being taken, very often, out of context. We are denied an opportunity for real debate for fear of offending someone and people just absolutely love to be offended.

I am not a UKIP supporter but i thought the BBC report was a bit pointed with an agenda.

I think it is a real problem in our society when we cannot debate the truth without sensationalised sound bites being taken, very often, out of context. We are denied an opportunity for real debate for fear of offending someone and people just absolutely love to be offended.

This is very true. On one side we have the mustn't offend brigade stopping open and honest debate of topics that have real importance to many people, but on the other we have the certain political parties that inflate and conflate problems by association of two different ideas.

For example UKIP's stance on immigration uses foreign crime gangs, which obviously nobody wants, as an example of why immigration is out of control and why we should leave the EU. But if you look at other countries immigration figures (particularly ones NOT in the EU) you will see that there is no clear link between being in the EU, immigration and crime - in other words it is a political tactic to instil fear which will further their cause.

Just to back that up, Norway, and Switzerland are not in the EU but they have substantially more immigrants than the UK.