help firing pin ?

hi again, have just had my laurona o/u single trigger ejector to bits, firing pins and springs removed good clean etc etc . my mate I got it off said it doesn't fire both barrels every time, yet to try it myself as I only got my cert this week . it all looks good very slight wear here and there and was a bit grubby but the only thing I could see is that the top pin doesn't sit as proud as the bottom is this right ? if its the pin worn where is the best place to get bits from ? cheers .

When cocked, the pins should not protrude! Thats why they have return springs.

When you stripped it, did you clean out the pin ports with a cotton bud? I find the pins can leave small metal particles in the ports! mixed with gunk like oil, grease etc and it can cause a big enough problem to prevent an efficient strike!

Also, check for any burr around the top lip of the pin, where it strikes the inside of the action! This also can cause the pin to stick!

Are the hammer springs nice and stiff?

Could be a small number of reasons for a poor strike or misfire! most are easy to sort! Is the top lever right of centre when the gun is closed? Another reason in some guns is wear of the lock mechanism. this causes the top lever to go left of centre, and because the pins go through the barrel of the lever, it can snag up the pins.

You can not buy of the self bits for Luarona guns unless you are very lucky and find someone who has the odd bit in a box he has had for years , Luarona as a company do not seem to exist any longer . I have tried to contact them to no avail . All parts will now have to be made and as there is little similarity between Luarona and other makes , there is no chance of adapting other makers parts .

Armeria sport guns (Spain) will supply all spare parts and will email a parts breakdown if you need it.Problem could be internal on selector mechanism and not firing pin.I have spoken with them recently but not dealt with them as yet.

Edited by Good shot?

You can not buy of the self bits for Luarona guns unless you are very lucky and find someone who has the odd bit in a box he has had for years , Luarona as a company do not seem to exist any longer . I have tried to contact them to no avail . All parts will now have to be made and as there is little similarity between Luarona and other makes , there is no chance of adapting other makers parts .

I have had all sorts from GMK from firing pins to extractors / ejectors, springs

Deershooter

hi guys got some snap caps today just to try it to see what its doing as I cant get out to try it , it seems to fire both barrels perfectly well if the selector is on o (top barrel first) but if on under it only shoots bottom barrel and not top? if you get what I mean . anyone had this before ?

When it's on o trigger clicks positive twice and then ejects both but when on u it only clicks once and then it doesn't seem to do anything for the top barrel and only ejects the bottom barrel ?

It is the link piece that operates one of the sears on the selector mechanism IMO.( may have used wrong terminology as I don,t have parts diagram to hand)Take stock off and check operation.

Edited by Good shot?