Hull superfasts

Guest cookoff013

Cooko13

Training loads are not really not that much used or available everywhere.

Subsonic arn't they? Better off with 21g if you can use them.

Figgy

that is true, that they are not readily available, but they are less recoil. 21g of shot is not always the answer. a 1oz load at 1100fps @ 2.5M is incredibly soft. 24gram at 1400fps @2.5M is real snappy and ac recoil more.

when i have stuff sent to the proofhouse i get back the N/s recoil figure. its real interesting stuff.

now i`m dead impressed with what a 21g shell can do, even more so when i started shooting real far targets.

slow loads really give low recoil, even big loads (subsonics in 28g / 32g / 36g / 42g etc) relative. most bigger loads dont go that fast anyway.

if you look at the recoilometer of the hull range, the 28gram trainer load has less recoil than the compx. although if you look at the scale, compx is about double the recoil (21g) although i think the scale is dumb because that statement IS false.

never the less it is lower in recoil.

that being said, it probbly would be better to have compx than most other shells.

ps, i love RC2 #9 or homeloads 24g#9 at 1400fps (@2.5M) they are pocket rockets.

Guest cookoff013

I've only ever shot the 28g comp x and thought they were soft, going by what you say cookoff013 I'd imagine you couldn't tell you were firing the training loads!

The training loafs are soft. Like

Yes I have chronagraphed them

I have chronagraphed most and nothing does 1500 feet per second trust me

If any one wants to use my chrono let me know and arrange a visit at orston shooting ground

Deershooter

How far from the muzzle do you place your chronograph?

Cheers figgy never heard of that one, was thinking of a recoil pad for my other half when we get around to getting her a gun from wabbitbosher

He has a nice Clasic Doubles (Winchester) up for sale at present., it is also fitted with a Kick-Eeze pad.

If recoil is an issue, get an Isis green recoil pad and use 21 or 24 gram cartridges.

Edited by Westley