ww2 comando knife

gemini52

A mate has three ww2 fairburn sykes comando knifes,they were made in three patterns,and he has the three, he is thinking of selling them but needs to find out the true value,he has come across some info on youtube and the net,anyone with any info would be appreciated.

A mate has three ww2 fairburn sykes comando knifes,they were made in three patterns,and he has the three, he is thinking of selling them but needs to find out the true value,he has come across some info on youtube and the net,anyone with any info would be appreciated.

Sort of three main patterns, but several sub varieties, and they've never been out of production...

A lot depends on the maker, the pattern, the sub-style of that pattern, the overall condition, the scabbard type, issue or private purchase, any info. with them, etc.

I have about 5 reference books JUST on F~S knives, let alone the reference books on knives in general.

LOTS to check up on & a minefield for possible sellers

You'll PAY £600 minimum for them??

How many third pattern, with ribbed handles, would you like?

Never seen one go less where i used to trade stuff. No expert on edged weapons by any means, they always seem to attract weirdos. How many have you got?

Never seen one go less where i used to trade stuff. No expert on edged weapons by any means, they always seem to attract weirdos. How many have you got?

He has three,one of each pattern,will try and get some pictures,from what i can remember one has a brass handle and brass parts on the scabbard

Sort of three main patterns, but several sub varieties, and they've never been out of production...

A lot depends on the maker, the pattern, the sub-style of that pattern, the overall condition, the scabbard type, issue or private purchase, any info. with them, etc.

I have about 5 reference books JUST on F~S knives, let alone the reference books on knives in general.

LOTS to check up on & a minefield for possible sellers

I will see him thursday and will try and get some pictures done.