wicked wednesday.

ezi bez

Hi everyone .
had a phone call from a farmer yesterday to c if id keep an eye on some rape he'd swathed a week before, yes no probs said I. So yesterday afternoon I had a bike ridedown to the field. On arrival at the field looked like not much happening, then a lorry made a loud bang and the field erupted ! Pigeon every where ! I couldn't believe my eyes . I sat back into a hedge a watched for a while to try and figure out the best flight line's. All the time pigeons were raining down onto the field , must have been at least 2/300 on when I left and they were still coming.

Got back home a called a pal to see if he fancied a go the next day , reply was yes 5am set off. Every thing primed and ready he arrived at mine at 5am. Off we went to said field, arrived at 20 past 5 by 10 t 6 hide was up and good it was too! Blended in nicely, deeks out ( dead birds) spinner on, there was a slight breeze and it was over cast, off we go. Nothing for about 30 mins. Then down came the rain, pigeon rain that is ! First 4 shots 4 birds, "reload, more coming" in Andy said. It was like that for the next 3 hrs constant shoot reload, shoot reload. My barrels were that hot I dident no whether to dip them in dyke or **** on them ! Then about 9.30 It dried up, nothing for an hour. Then we started getting one or two every few mins. Then about 11 o'clock the birds were back again, we carried on shooting till 12.15 then reluctantly packed up. As I had people coming to look round shoot. Between myself and Andy we shot 284 cartridges for 203 pigeon picked lost a few over back in wheat field, and some in rape. Shot of day went to me , with a 45 yd 2 for one half choke. Droped a few high ones as well all in all a cracking morning.

Thanks for reading and sorry for grammer or spelling mistakes as I am only human after all.

Cheers Ezi

Thanks , it was hard work though ! I was swetting like a pig going to a spit roast party!, lol went back to the same field yesterday, as its been combined , 4 pigeon and 30 or so lapwings took up. Must have hit it just right! Wich is a first for me.